Sonos needs a device that coverts to Dolby Digital 5.1

• 12 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I know people that have already invested in Sonos and would pay to get a product that will convert audio formats to Dolby Digital 5.1.  We like DD 5.1 and want it available to use on our Sonos products.  We are not asking for more formats, just downgraded.  Sonos should invest in this because the Playbar and Playbase are great products from Sonos.  These products from Sonos are high quality and have so much life left.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What is the problem you are trying to solve, exactly?

Most source devices and many TVs can already do this anyway. Often all it takes is an EDID manager connected between devices.

DD+ is my main problem and is for most. Not all TV’s have the ability to passthrough let alone give you 5.1 decode.  Could I connect/wire a bunch of devices together to make something work? Of course. Many of us have multiple devices that come to one source. I tell you what? It is not optical with 5.1. PCM 2.0 seems to be the standard.  Why not have a device that will provide the downgrading needed preventing us to trash some of Sonos' great products? I do not have a Playbar for Music (which sounds great). I got it for the integration that Sonos prides itself on.