Answered

Sonos Move and HomePod Require to be re-synced every time?

• 24 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m a proud new owner of a Sonos Move, an iPhone owner and am having questions syncing it with my original HomePod:

1. I am able to have them sync together under the HomeKit app. I have them both under the same “room” in the app. But I have to manually toggle airplay 2 every single time to get them to play together. Is there an easier way to get this done (without having to go through the annoying steps to turn both of them at the same time?)

2. Any hope of getting them to play a stereo pair yet or in the future?

3. is it possible to get a subwoofer and have all 3 synced together?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 24 March 2021, 20:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

1 -  You’ll probably get a better answer on an Apple forum

2 -   Highly unlikely.  It’s possible that Apple can make airplay send one channel to Sonos and the other to homepod, but unlikely they would want to do this, and it would not sound good if they did.

3 - There would need to be a subwoofer out there that is airplay compatible, and I have no idea if that exists.  You can use the Sonos sub with many of Sonos products, but the Move is not one of them.