Sonos Home Theater Setup.

• 24 February 2021
  • 6 replies

I just recently bought the beam for my small apartment and I’m looking to expand to the 5.1 surround setup. Should I get the Play:1s or Ones for my rears first or the sub first? I want to gradually get to the 5.1 because of the cost.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I just recently bought the beam for my small apartment and I’m looking to expand to the 5.1 surround setup. Should I get the Play:1s or Ones for my rears first or the sub first? I want to gradually get to the 5.1 because of the cost.

issue got solved!!

I got the Sub first and it made my entire experience better. I recently added two Ones and it definitely improved my experience. Without the Sub it wouldn’t “feel” as immersive. So if you can afford the Sub get the Sub first. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d say Sub first, then One SLs.

consider the Sub first. Your film watching and music listening will appreciate it. 

The neighbours on the other hand might not...

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Play:1’s are discontinued items so One SL’s would be a better choice imho. But as @GuitarSuperstar says, consider the Sub first. Your film watching and music listening will appreciate it. 

Userlevel 7

Most people recommend adding the Sub first because the added bass gives you a more cinematic experience. But if you prefer more of a surround experience over more bass, go with the Play:1s or One SLs.