Answered

Sonos for Outdoor Movie

• 24 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have a projection screen outside that I’d like to show movies on.  I have hooked up my amazon fire tv through the projector’s HDMI.  Unfortunately, the sound that the projector emits is pretty bad, and wouldn’t be satisfactory for a movie or sports.  

I’d like to get my sonos involved (I have a Move and a Play:3), but I’m not sure of the best way to do this - any suggestions?  I suppose I could buy a Play:5 and use the 3.5mm input, but I feel like there should be a way to accomplish this without purchasing another speaker.  

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 24 June 2021, 20:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What model projector do you have?

Check the settings on your fireTV, as I believe it can send out audio via bluetooth, which you can then pair with your Move.

@melvimbe checked it last night - and you are correct!  Didn’t even think to check that, but paired it with the Move, and it worked great.  Nice call! 

For those wondering, Amazon Fire has a bluetooth connection area in settings and from there it’s pretty straightforward on pairing.