Sonos Era 300, Surround, and no Stands

• 30 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Who else is sitting in this boat with my lame butt? Lol. Was unable to get stands for these things. Much larger than I imagined so sitting on end tables isn't happening (and not positioned optimal either with this option. I just do not get why everything they launch a new product, there is never enough stands. They sound great sitting on make shift stacks to test them, but will be getting packed up until I can get stands (anyone who is married gets this). Again I just don't get how they are never ready for the stand demand every single time. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I have made that mistake before with Sonos and ordered the stands same time this time around. After getting them setup today and seeing how huge the speaker and stand package is in real life, I'd look for a way to wall mount first if at all possible.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I also made that mistake the last time I ordered surround speakers. I ended up with Sanus stands which I hate because the poles frequently buzz/vibrate.  This time I immediately ordered Sonos stands with the Era 300s. The speakers came two days ago and the stands come tomorrow. Not perfect, but not a three month wait….

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

I also made that mistake the last time I ordered surround speakers. I ended up with Sanus stands which I hate because the poles frequently buzz/vibrate.  This time I immediately ordered Sonos stands with the Era 300s. The speakers came two days ago and the stands come tomorrow. Not perfect, but not a three month wait….

The sanus you had gotten, were they the telescoping adjustable ones or the sold style?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

The adjustable Sanus stands. I chose them because they gave some additional height compared to the non-adjustable stands. I really regret that decision. 😂

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Just received my Era 300 stands and set them up. Nice and sturdy considering the size and weight of the Era 300s compared to the One SLs. In terms of height, the bottom of each speaker is 37” from the floor (not from the top of the base of the stand). The assembly directions indicated there are four screws for each stand, two “short” and two “long”, but mine came with four screws all the same length (presumably “long)”. That worked fine so I think the directions simply need to be updated. Each stand pole has a thin foam cushion strip already inserted it, most likely to prevent unwanted vibrations from the cord (imagine *that* Sanus! 😂).  Anyway, looking to enjoy a weekend of bliss…

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

The adjustable Sanus stands. I chose them because they gave some additional height compared to the non-adjustable stands. I really regret that decision. 😂

Hmmmm..curious if Sanus have issues with the solid versions also. I'm having a hard time just not using these things for almost 3 months. Shame on Sonos for underproducing again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

FWIW, I also had the Sanus non-adjustable 34” stands years ago for my Sonos Ones before I got the One SLs. I never had a problem with them buzzing, but 34” was a bit too short and I had to elevate them with floor pads to peak over my couch. So when I needed to get new stands for the One SLs (because, of course, the One stands were incompatible with the One SLs 🙄) I gambled on the taller adjustable Sanus stands. The issues are mostly at high volumes but never again will I make that mistake with the adjustable stands.

Userlevel 4

I am planning to order a set to two 300s, but not until the stands are available. If it actually takes until June, I will wait!