Sonos connect stopped playing tv audio with no apparent cause

• 26 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi. I have a sonos system with sonos amp in it,

I have it from mid  June and since I first hooked it it imdetaly played the sound from my Samsung TV .

I hooked a hdmi cable frome my tv arc/hdmi 2 channel to the sonos amp/

Each time i turned on the tv, it worked smoothly. the amp recognized the tv, the led light blinked in green and the amp switch to play the tv.

until a week ago when it stoped playing the sound from the tv.

i tried a few simple actions to fix it and bring the amp to play the tv sound back again.

a. I tried to use a different hdmi cable

b. I reset the amp and hooked it back to my system.
c. I  connected an apple tv  to the arc/hdmi-2 input on my tv , just to make sure that the hdmi connector on the tv is ok. and it did work fine

what am I issing here?

one other simptome goes like this

my tv hdmi-2  input channel which also serves as the arc channel  and is connected to the amp used to display a curved shapes  (see attached photo)
but since the amp stopped to play the  sound of the tv, it also stooped to display those shapes and now it doesnt play any picture at all.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ranarik.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand what’s happening, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

You may also check this article that provides common fixes for TV audio interruptions while using Sonos home theater products.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Userlevel 2

hello Annazel and thank you for your assistance.

I just run diagnostics. the confirmation number is 51497927

Regards,
Ran 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

On my Playbase there’s a TV Autoplay button. Does the Amp have the same setting? 

Userlevel 2

On my Playbase there’s a TV Autoplay button. Does the Amp have the same setting? 

there is an autoplay setup option in the control app, not as a physical button