Sonos Connect goes offline

• 25 November 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
I have 2 Sonos:1's and 1 Sonos:connect. If had Sonos connect running since before WiFi was even supported. My Connect keeps going offline. Honestly, this has been happening for years and I always hoped that it would eventually go away with software updates or other changes. In full disclosure, I'm in IT so I have tried a number of different changes to no avail and I dont have your "typical" home network with an open router. I have switched from the Sonos wireless to WiFi and back. I have tried different channels. I have moved the devices around and moved other potentially interfering devices. I update the system whenever an update comes out. I have a pretty small 1200 sq ft home with two high-end Ruckus wireless APs. In addition, I have changed out firewalls, routers, and switches (just due to upgrades over the years). I have reviewed firewall logs and created open policies for the Sonos devices (although shouldnt be a factor in this case). The Connect is connected by ethernet and I have changed the cables out. I have other devices, such as a Roku and DVD player plugged in to the same switch that the Connect is on and they have had no issues.

When the Connect goes offline, I just pull the power and plug it back in. To my knowledge, it will never come back on its own. But after I power cycle it, it comes right back with no issues. My Sonos:1 units dont ever go offline. They have always worked flawlessly. So much in my environment has changed over the years yet this problem seems to persist.

I submitted a diagnostics report: 1069967610

It happens maybe once or twice a month. Not a huge deal and certainly not a deal breaker for my love for the system. But it would be nice to have the problem go away. I would be very appreciative if someone could shed some light.

Thanks in advance
~Jon

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you want a fast response to your diagnostic twitter or facebook Sonos techs are available. Here, maybe Monday?

I'd guess a hardware or power issue with the connect.
Jon,

The one thing that you didn't mention in your list of things you've tried is assigning all devices on your local LAN reserved IP addresses. If you haven't tried that, I'd certainly recommend it. But if that doesn't work, then Stanley_4's response is a good one.