Answered

Sonos Beam with Vizio TV CEC Issues.

• 23 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos Beam and Vizio P55-C1 tv. Everything was working fine for over a year. Then all of a sudden I stopped being able to control or hear the TV sound through my Beam.

I have rebooted the TV, checked to make sure CEC was turned on, verified that the Sonos Beam is showing connected to the TV, verified that my music is playing through the Beam, also unplugged then plugged in HDMI cables. I am getting a CEC error when I check the connection.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 September 2020, 07:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I had an issue with my Vizio a few weeks ago where the firmware update turned on the TV speakers, which turned off my Arc, although all other settings, including CEC,  weren’t changed. Might want to double check that. Was kind of surprised that having the TV speakers on turned off the output through CEC. 

I will check that. It did seem like the TV rebooted so maybe it was associated with that.

Worth a check. And oddly, happened on only one of my two Vizios...but there’s several years between their manufacture dates, so likely have two separate firmware updates. 

That was it exactly. Switched to Auto and it is fixed. Thanks for sharing!

Heh, glad it was the same issue as mine!