Question

Sonos Beam will not connect to ARC port on Sony KD55A85

• 22 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I have just purchased a Beam to connect to my Sony KD55A85 but I get no sound when I connect it to the ARC port.  If I use the opticle adapter the sound seems to be ok, I have spoken with Sony support and they have taken me through all the setting that need to be enabled on the TV.  Bravia Sync is on etc … and tried a factory reset but still no joy - any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tux27.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate the detailed post here outlining your concern, let me help and try to figure this out.

ARC or Audio Return Channel is an option to allow the audio signal from the TV to be sent back to a receiver or in our case, one of these switches via HDMI to then be sent to the Beam.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report while it’s working and another diagnostic when connected to TV’s ARC port, then reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and devices to see if there’s anything causing this issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

Badge +1

Hi- curious to see if this issue was solved, as I was considering this TV model and the Sonos Arc?    Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I have just purchased a Beam to connect to my Sony KD55A85 but I get no sound when I connect it to the ARC port.  If I use the opticle adapter the sound seems to be ok, I have spoken with Sony support and they have taken me through all the setting that need to be enabled on the TV.  Bravia Sync is on etc … and tried a factory reset but still no joy - any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

I would maybe try another HDMI cable too, just in case it’s faulty.