Answered

Sonos Beam taking over - possible to get audio from Beam and internal TV speakers?

• 10 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi Guys

I have just purchased a Sonos beam and have connected it to my Sony Bravia OLED TV.

I bought it to compliment the speakers the TV comes with (which are pretty good) but the problem is that as soom as the Sonos system is switched on/connected, the TV speakers stop working. I cannot get them both to work at the same time. 

I have connected the system to the HDMI Arc socket as instructed. 

Any thoughts guys? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 January 2021, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Yes, that’s how a Soundbar/Receiver should work - the internal TV speakers disable, otherwise you would likely encounter a bit of an echo as the processed audio streams might be ‘very slightly’ out of sync with each other. Some older TV’s used to allow this, but I’m not aware of any that do nowadays.

And it is inherent to the specs of ARC/eARC across CEC. As soon as the system sees external speakers, it turns off internal speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So if you turn off HDMI-CEC (Bravia Link) in the settings of your TV and the TV allow to revert to its own speakers....