Sonos Beam sound not as high as surround play speakers

• 6 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have a sonos beam connect to my TV via the HDMI ARC cable and two surround speakers Play 1’s

The rear speakers are much louder than the Beam when listening to music but adjusting the volume just increases the surround speakers level but if I turn the volume down all I can hear is the rear speakers and nothing from the beam

Any idea what adjustment I need to make please

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

That sounds a bit odd, but if you go into the settings for your Beam and tap Surround Audio then you can adjust the relative level of the surrounds separately for music and TV.

You definitely have the Play:1s as surround speakers, not just grouped with the Beam?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks they are definitely being used as surround speakers, and the issue has only just happened since I had to disconnect everything for some painting work and recounted it all up again. I followed your advice and just adjusted the two play 1 speaker volumes, I thought there was a way to adjust the whole set up volume but do not have an iPhone or iPad only and and android phone.

I am wondering whether to delete the surround speakers and then setting it all up again to see if that gets the levels correct

Thanks they are definitely being used as surround speakers, and the issue has only just happened since I had to disconnect everything for some painting work and recounted it all up again. I followed your advice and just adjusted the two play 1 speaker volumes, I thought there was a way to adjust the whole set up volume but do not have an iPhone or iPad only and and android phone.

I am wondering whether to delete the surround speakers and then setting it all up again to see if that gets the levels correct

If you are not using TruePlay, have you also tried changing the surround distance in the Beam ‘room’ settings in the App - it’s in ‘Surround Audio’.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Yes I have tried that but the only way I can get the surround speakers level down is to take the TV level and the Music level to a minus figure and the music playback is set to Full