Answered

Sonos Beam sound distortion

• 1 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Having an issue with my Beam where the bass sounds like your in a cheap car trying to play songs the sound system can’t handle - unsure if clipping is an accurate description of this. I can only use the volume at low levels so this doesn’t happen. Bought the Beam in October and have never gone overdrive with the volume.

It occurs when I’m listening to music, watching TV, playing games, the whole lot. Connected with HDMI 2.1 to an LG CX and connected via Ethernet cable. 

Diagnostic number is 485750751.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Xander P 3 May 2021, 11:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @benjamind, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Not seeing many clues in that diagnostic I’d afraid, and the fact that this is happening with all sources of audio makes me think that it may be a hardware issue rather than software.

I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call to open a case. If possible, having a short recording showing the issue to provide them with would be helpful too :)