Question

Sonos Beam sound

• 14 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Is there a reason why when I turn off my tv I have to turn up the volume on the Beam? It's always mute to start with. Similarly it mutes if tv is paused for a while

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Da Bomb.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I’d be glad to help and try to figure this out.

If I understand it correctly, you are getting low audio on the Beam/home theater speaker(s) when listening to music, while the TV is off.

By default, your Sonos surround speakers will produce ambient sound when playing from music sources.

You can enable full stereo playback for music played through the surround speakers by following the instructions below:

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Tap the Sonos home theater product that uses surround speakers. It appears with "(+LS+RS)" in the Products section.
  4. Under Sound, tap Surround Audio.
  5. Tap Music Playback and choose Full.

You can also increase the overall volume of the surround speakers when they’re playing music, and this article will help you adjust the audio of your Sonos surround speakers while you’re listening to music. 

Hopefully, that helps but if not, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app and reply with the confirmation number, I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help