Sonos Beam quiet with Samsung UE32H5500

Badge
Hi,

I've just added a Sonos Beam to my collection and connected it to my kitchen TV, a Samsung UE32H5500 via HDMI ARC.

Things work okay, when I control the TV volume it changes the volume of the Beam, however even on 100 (which is maximum) the sound isn't what I would call loud.

If I switch to play music instead of the TV the sound is insanely loud.

There don't seem to be any settings on my TV to balance or increase the sound. I can't believe I've got to play this at full volume just to hear it??

Can anyone suggest anything to help?

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

There's another post on this you might want to try. I'm having same issues
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I'm also having the same issue. Samsung TV as well if it matters. Audio on TV sounds great, but you have crank up the volume. When you go back to music, it's crazy loud.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
HI folks,

Thanks for reaching out. Due to the nature of this issue we'd like to have our phone team take a look live. Please reach out to us over the phone, you can find our number and hours here.
Same problem here...any solutions yet?
Did you call in as Jeff S asked them to do?
Any updates here? I’m having the same issue, Samsung TV as well
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I had a similar issue with a Panasonic TV and Beam (connected via ARC). I disconnected the HDMI ARC cable, turned off and on TV, then turned TV vol to 100% on the TV speakers. Turned off TV, reconnected the Sonos Beam and now the Beam volume is much, much higher. Not as high as with music, but loud enough. I don’t think I have solved the issue, just made it less annoying.
I have exactly the same issue with a Samsung UE40H6400. Even at 100% the volume isn't exactly loud from the TV (connected via ARC) but is absolutely deafening from other streaming services. Makes the product entirely unusable. I've reached out for assistance, but will be returning it if this can't be resolved.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I solved this problem when I realised that this: the TV volume through Beam is a combination of the volume on TV remote AND the volume on my iPhone using the Sonos App. If the iPhone volume is too low, the TV will never be loud. When listening to music, the volume is controlled only through my iPhone Sonos App. I can now get extremely loud TV or music! This completely solved me issue and I am now 100% happy with Beam, It works great for TV , and with my other two Play 3s in the same room for music.
If the iPhone volume is too low, the TV will never be loud. When listening to music, the volume is controlled only through my iPhone Sonos App.

On the Samsung using ARC the TV remote volume control and the Sonos app volume control are the same, so this is not the case for me, unfortunately.