Sonos Beam not "waking" when TV is turned on

• 9 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I got a Beam + 2 One SLs to hook up to my JVC TV.

The system sounds great but it simply would not wake up when the TV was switched on.  All the HDMI CEC and TV Autoplay settings were correct etc.  Only thing I could do to get it awake was reboot the TV each time (or unplug / replug the HDMI cable).  Not ideal.

But I think I’ve found a fix.

Also attached to the TV (by HDMI) is a Sky Q box and an old DVD player (never used but using an HDMI port all the same) so, in the name of experimenting, I moved the Sky box from HDMI1 to HDMI3 (my eARC port is HDMI2 which obviously is where the Sonos is patched) and unplugged the DVD player completely.

And now the Sonos system springs to life when I take the TV off standby.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

EDIT TO THE ABOVE

Unfortunately, the above has NOT worked.  I tried to fire up everything this morning and, as before, the Sonos Beam refuses to wake.

Only solution to get it going is to reboot the TV.

I’ll get onto Sonos Support this morning and see what they say. 

Obviously you need a proper solution, but I'll just mention that in the meantime you can  select TV as the source in the Sonos app, rather than reboot or reconnect anything.