Answered

Sonos Beam is a waste of money with Apple TV

• 2 December 2020
  • 10 replies

Hey guys,

I purchased the Sonos Beam because it had rave reviews.

Little did I know how much of a nightmare it would be to actually get to try and do the most basic of stuff my 10 year old bluetooth speaker can nail.

Seriously, why I can't I wirelessly connect the Sonos Beam and my Apple TV? I have a projector which is remote from the speaker, and thus is plugged in with Apple TV, so I can't actually plug the HDMI KEK or whatever it is into the Projector for sound.

How did this pass design with everyone not realising what a complete * up this was?

Would love any advice, otherwise it's going in the skip. What a waste.

Moderator edit: unacceptable language.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 2 December 2020, 14:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Go to the specification area, Airplay 2 is supported. Or, go to the setup discussion.

Here is a list of compatible Apple devices.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

John B, how have you ended up with no emotional intelligence?

not everyone has a great Sonos experience but you don’t have to be offended by their expressions of dissatisfaction. Unless you are super human you must have experienced these feelings, try to understand other people. 

You could have taken the down position and been the bigger person and given mrcrab the benefit of your superior knowledge. 
happy Christmas John B. 

John B, how have you ended up with no emotional intelligence?

not everyone has a great Sonos experience but you don’t have to be offended by their expressions of dissatisfaction. Unless you are super human you must have experienced these feelings, try to understand other people. 

You could have taken the down position and been the bigger person and given mrcrab the benefit of your superior knowledge. 
happy Christmas John B. 

You do realize you’re making a character judgement of someone you know little to nothing about, regarding his response to a post that has been edited to remove foul language?

DNFTT

DNFTT

Dagnabit.  Should have looked at post history.

Look at the audio settings on your AppleTV and set it to airplay audio to your Beam.

Apparently the beam doesn’t work with Airplay on Apple TV. Has anyone had luck with it?

A thoroughly ignorant post, that breaches Community rules for foul language.  Does not deserve a response.  A complete absence of understanding is better dealt with by questions than a stream of abuse.

mrcrab,

Explore Airplay.

mrcrab,

Explore Airplay.

Could you please elaborate?

Look at the audio settings on your AppleTV and set it to airplay audio to your Beam.