Answered

Sonos beam (Gen2)

I have in my collection a FIVE & One speaker. I decided it would be nice to upgrade my aging sound bar for a Sonos beam with the view for surround sound. Well i am right in thinking because since have the Beam the other 2 speakers will not connect because they are the not the same model. A little disappointed to say the least that i was unaware of this prior to purchase. My understanding was that all Sonos product's were compatible. 

icon

Best answer by John B 18 July 2022, 10:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You are mistaken.  All those speakers are compatible.  Are you using Sonos S1 or S2 currently?

Edit - as you are using a Five you must be on S2.  Why do you think the speakers are incompatible?

Are you trying to connect the Five and One as surround speakers?  You do need to have two speakers of the same model for that.  And for good reason - it would be crazy to have speakers with totally different power and sound signatures used like that.  Don’t be disappointed, be thankful.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is not exactly a secret:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4807?language=en_US

“Only products of the same model can be used together as surround speakers. For example, two Sonos Ones can be used for surround sound but One and Play:1 cannot. However, related models like One and One SL can be used together as surround speakers.”