Answered

Sonos Beam Gen 2 makes a sound like a DVD loading/spinning

• 31 January 2022
  • 1 reply

We have a new Sonos Beam (Gen 2) hooked up to our Samsung Smart TV. It works fine, but it makes a noise that sounds like a DVD player when a disc loads, kind if that spinning, wind-up sound. This happens when nothing is even playing (TV or music), as well as when when Pandora or my music library is changing songs. Is that normal? It’s kind of bothersome.

Something I’ve thought about is that I THINK this happens mainly when I’m casting from my laptop to the TV. Also when I’m playing my music library, which actually comes from my laptop. Is that possible, and if so, is that to be expected?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 January 2022, 20:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I wouldn’t think so. I’d certainly recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.