Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Beam gen 2 idle

• 17 May 2024
  • 9 replies

My beam gen 2 stopped working, just shows the white LED blinking, no matter if I unplug and plug again. Buttons don’t react either. I cannot see it in my Sonos app, nor via airplay. It’s just 1,5 years old

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Just to clarify that my question is if anyone has experienced this too, or has any clue about the cause. Thanks!

I am having the same issue. Beam Gen 2 just keep blinking white light. I tried factory resetting it multiple times and it’s the same blinking white light. I was able to factory reset my two Sonos One SLs but the beam seems to be bricked. Any help would be great! Don’t want to have to send it back. 

Additional information. I’ve connected the Beam to an Ethernet connection for over an hour and that didn’t help. Left it unplugged for over an hour and that didn’t help. Again attempting factory reset does nothing. Same blinking white light. 

When connected directly by ethernet to my eero. I checked the eero and it doesn’t show anything is connected. 

Eduard have you found anything that works? 

Redleg. I’ve tried everything, but unfortunately it doesn’t work. I don’t think it’s just a connection issue, because there is no reaction (sound or status change) when I touch the tactile buttons. 
It seems we have the same issue and I suspect the only fix would be to repair it. I’m trying to contact local service to see how to proceed with repair, but here is Spain there is always a long queue, both via chat and phone.

For information, I’ve set a separate system using the two symfonisk and a sub mini, and everything works well

Hi @Eduard Tose and @RedLeg 

I am facing the same issue since one week with my Beam gen2. I’ve just found your topic. 

Does your problem has been resolved? 
if yes, I would be happy if you can help ! 

thank you very much 

Val 

My thought is that there is a hardware issue, but it is also possible that there is a glitch in the new App. I suggest that you work with SONOS phone support.

Hello!

Thanks to all of you for your responses!

I’m sure it’s a hardware issue, because there is no reaction at all when touching the buttons.

Since it was still under warranty, I contacted the online shop, Madridhifi.com. They took care of collecting it and send it to the brand service. It’s still there so I don’t have a diagnosis yet.

This same thing just happened to me. Nothing I do helps. I tried the live chat but it keeps saying there are no agents even though it’s during their business hours listed online. I guess I will have to wait and try via phone on Monday. 

Finally the online store where I bought it informed me that the brand service confirmed the defect and refunded the money to me. Good service from MadridHif! 
With much less money I’ve purchased a new one of the old Playbar. Less features but better sound quality