Answered

Sonos Beam Gen 2 and Sonos ONE SL Pair

• 8 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi there. I just bought a Sonos Beam Gen 2 soundbar, and made some changes in the settings for a better experience when watching movies and tv series. 

Although Im enjoying the sound, it’s not so good to listen music with the settings I have now. This weekend Im going to buy a pair of Sonos ONE SL to add the surround. 

My question, it is possible to listen the music only in the pair of SONOS ONE SL?

And using the pair and sonos beam gen only for movies/series.

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 8 September 2023, 16:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

If they are added as surrounds, music to the room will include sending to and playing from the Beam. That said, set the Surrounds Audio to Full rather than Ambient, and boosting the level for Music and you’ll not hear much from the Beam (depending of course on your listening position). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Or, a set up the One’s as a stereo pair, call them Music or whatever, and just play music to them. You’ll get a much wider soundstage and a better music experience than from the Beam. 

You can actually try both setups one you get the Ones and see which you prefer. 

Need Help here guhere

trying to figure out how to pair as surround sound to Sonos Bean ( 1st gen ) with sonos one 2nd Gen & Sonos SL 

s2 app wont let me pair says " requires 2 same capitable speakers " which i assume sonos one and sonos sl are same except built in mic

so am i missing something ? ?

also been using surround speakers  with play base and 2 play 3 in diffrent room which works just fine