Sonos beam drop out

• 14 August 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hello
I’m having difficulty with my sonos set up I have the beam subsnd two sonos ones +the boost
I bought the boost to try to resolve audio drop out from tv
It hasn’t worked
My tv is LG E7 oled
The beam is connected via arc hdmi
And tv settings is on hdmi /optical out
Setting the sound out is set to pcm as the Dolby atmos is unsupported
As the beam drops out frequently I bought the noisy thinking it would help it has not
As soon as the beam drops out I’m constantly having to switch sound settings on tv back to hdmi /optical pit because it reverts automatically to internal tv speaker
I’m at a loss how to solve this any help with my problem il be grateful to receive
Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

This document gives a lot of good info around issues with the Beam and TV setup.

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/enabling-cec-on-your-tv-for-beam-6810049

For you specifically....

- No, the Boost isn't going to help
- I would set the TV to Dolby Atmos, when using the ARC connection, it should be automatically 'downgraded' to Dolby Digital for the Beam.
- As far as the drop out with TV audio, the issue is most likely do to other devices connected to the TV sending CEC commands through HDMI. What other devices are connected? For some devices, you can go to their configuration/setup screens and turn off CEC. This is the case for fire tv for example. Others can't be turned off. In which case you'd need to use an HDMI cable or adpater that doesn't transmit CEC commands between the device and TV. Like this for example:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DL48KVI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you have multiple devices connected to the TV, you might want to unplug one or two to see if you can figure out if one or more of them are causing the issue.
Badge
Thankyou for this reply and information
Il check into it
But maybe as you say other Wi-Fi interference as I have Sky q box and home telephone also hands free directly close to tv setup
Badge
Hi. Last night I had the same issue, had my beam working fine for a week and started having sound drops while using the tv. I have the beam connected to a Sony kdl-55hx750 tv via HDMI ARC cable. After some web forums browsing, I decided to open the tv input menu, and realised that the tv and/or the beam were loosing the connection watching the input icon on the menu screen, going on and off. So I went back to the beam package box and grabbed the sonos HDMI cable supplied. That was it... Hope it helps
Same problem
Check diagnostic 900514108
did you manage to get this issue resolved? I have similar problem