Question

Sonos Beam - Distortion from dialogue

• 7 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all,

I’m now on my second Sonos Beam. 

Occasionally from dialogue the speaker would buzz, like it was blown. I didn’t get much help from support so I sold it on eBay and bought another one.

The second one I’ve had for two months and it’s now doing the same thing.

They can’t be this badly built, surely? It’s never been above 50% volume ever and is only used for TV with two One’s in surround.

This doesn’t happen every day, but does happen often, where dialogue causes a buzzing distortion sound. It lasts a millisecond or so but is very annoying.

Has anybody else had this problem?

What’s the solution? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @nicjshacklock.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Sorry to know about the experience but let me see what I can do to help you.

Is this only when using TV audio, have you noticed an issue using a music service or music playback?

What source you are playing the audio from? (Cable box, Blu-Ray player, Apple TV, built-in TV apps for streaming services)

To better understand what’s happening, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system,  it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.