Sonos beam disconnects

• 31 March 2021
  • 2 replies

My Sonos Beam connected to Samsung Q80T tv disconnects on average once every 20 minutes. When this happens it reverts back to TV speakers. It will either reconnect again after a few minutes or I have to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI.

I spent an hour on the phone speaking to tech support and sent a number of diagnostic reports immediatly after it happened, but none of the suggestions worked. 

Has anyone else had this issue? I am wondering if the speaker could be deffective.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Azza1942, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Issues like this can often be a result of another HDMI connected device interfering with communication between the TV and the Beam - would it be possible to test if the sound continues to revert to the TV’s internal speakers if you disconnect everything except the Beam?

If there are no issues with just the Beam connected, then I’d recommend connecting any other HDMI devices one at a time, leaving some time to test between devices.

Let us know how you get on :)

There are no other devices connected. Called Samsung and they have updated all HDMI drivers but still happening. Tried 2 different cables, power cycling. When i used the optical audio adaptor it does not happen.