Question

Sonos Beam compatibility with Westinghouse LVM-42w2

• 19 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello, I’ve purchased a Sonos Beam and of course because I know little about electronics, I’ve realized that my old but dependable Westinghouse LVM-42w2 TV lacks the input/output I need to make it the two work together. The Beam’s optical adapter does not match any of the ports.

I’ve read about converters, but I have no idea if any of them would make the two work together or not. If not, this is not a big deal, I just need to upgrade my TV. Any ideas would be appreciated, happy to provide more info if needed. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

In the Home Theater section of the forum, there are many folks who have made this kind of setup work using an HDMI switch that has an optical output as well. The switch sends the video signal to the TV via HDMI, but pulls out the audio on the optical output, which you would then connect to the Beam’s adapter.

Search on Amazon for ‘HDMI switch optical out’ and you’ll find dozens of potential solutions, you’d just need to pick the one that meets your needs. And you don’t have to order it from Amazon, if you have a preferred shop, either local or online, but it gives you a good idea of what you’re looking for.