Question

Sonos Beam beeps when switching to Dolby Digital

• 29 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I  have my beam connected to HDMI ARC.

I then have my cable Box, Firestick and playstation connected to the other HDMI ports.

When using the cable box, every time i change channels from SD to HD and the sound switches to dolby digital, the sonos beeps for a second.

Does anyone know a way to disable this sound because it is very annoying.

This does not happen when i select PCM sound only from my cable box, but obviously the sound is not as good.

My playstation or fire stick when watching any content, doesn’t have any issues either.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jaideep1990.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I’d be glad to help you with this.

Kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly after the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the device(s), it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you may have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.