Answered

Sonos Beam audio setup with projector & PS4, Apple TV etc

• 27 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi there.

I have a question regarding the audio connection in the following setup:

The idea is to connect my projector with the Sonos Beam via HDMI/optical adapter. The projector will be receiving the incoming signal from Apple TV, a playstation etc. connected via HDMI switch.

What is the best way to achieve this, connecting the Beam with the audio adapter to the projector directly or to the HDMI switch (having optical).

What's the differences in functionality (lag, avoiding to unplug cables for different modes etc)? 

Also, I would like to be able to connect 2 bluetooth headphones in order to have the option of audio through either Beam or headset. I'm thinking of achieving this by connecting an Avantree Oasis Plus https://avantree.com/es/oasis-plus-bluetooth-transmitter-for-tv to the HDMI switch.

The room is being rebuilt, so running cables behind walls is possible, however, once the dry walls are set up, any modification to it will be an aesthetical masacre.  

Is there any obvious issues I'm not seeing in this setup?

Thank you in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by Sjoop1985 28 May 2020, 09:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Does the projector support Audio Return Channel? If it is one of the rare ones that does, I would recommend connecting the Beam to that instead of optical.

For now, there is no difference, as Sonos supports only Dolby Digital 5.1 over both optical and ARC. But theoretically, HDMI-ARC can support a slightly higher bandwidth than optical and it can support Dolby Digital+, should Sonos ever decide to bring that to the Beam as well.