Sonos Beam and ONE (1) Sonos SL One

• 1 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Can I pair a single Sonos SL with a Beam for non-stereo sound.  I want the same sound coming from both.  I want to have sound closer to me while I am on the couch so I don’t need to increase volume for the whole system. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You can group them, certainly. However, note that the way that Sonos software works, when you are listening to the TV’s input, there will be a delay between the Beam and the One, of around 75ms. When streaming music, both will be in sync. 

Will there be a weird echo effect?  I don’t think I can have my single SL perform a surround function unless I get a second SL to pair. 

That ‘weird echo effect’ is caused by that delay I was referring to, so yes. There is no way in the Sonos system to add another speaker that will play the ‘voice’ channel without a delay involved. 

Surround speakers, which require a pair in the Sonos ecosystem provide surround data, and not a repeat of the ‘voice’ channel. Very different things.