Answered

Sonos Beam and Apple TV 4K

• 10 June 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
Is it possible to control apple tv 4k with alexa on the sonos beam just like amazon firetv as presented on the keynote?

I mean „start movie xxx“ for example.
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 10 June 2018, 14:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, it is not. I'd say it's unlikely for Amazon and Apple to integrate like that anytime soon. I'm not sure, but i don't think Siri can control appletv yet. That would surely happen first.

I'd say the beam will work with siri first, and that may never happen, before amazon and apple work together.
Badge
Controlling firetv via alexa over sonos beam works - just watch the review of the verge!
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Firetv + Alexa = Amazon
Appletv + Siri = Apple
Appletv + Alexa = ?
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
No, it is not. I'd say it's unlikely for Amazon and Apple to integrate like that anytime soon. I'm not sure, but i don't think Siri can control appletv yet. That would surely happen first.
I'd say the beam will work with siri first, and that may never happen, before amazon and apple work together.

I control Apple TV with Siri via HomePods all the time. It's limited in what it will do but can stop, start, raise and lower volume and a few other things.
Apple TV does need to integrate Siri with a microphone in it for the next version though.