Question

Sonos ARC with Sony TV H series 2020 Remote problem

• 13 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all, just got my Sonos Arc and connect it with my Sony TV(55X80H 2020) but I got this problem where my power button on the remote just doesn’t work but the other command (volume, channel, etc.) is all working. From my seating position the Arc is blocking the TV IR receiver but since Arc has the IR Receiver (and IR repeater mode) I thought it supposed to work. 

so for me to turn off the TV, I have use the remote really high up so the IR receiver on the TV can see the remote. Tried to change settings on the app but still no progress. Is it something with the software? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @malvnathaniel.

Thanks for reaching out and for the detailed post.

Generally, you can only configure your  IR TV remote to control the speaker's volume, the Arc will not recognize the power on/off, channel and other commands for TV.

Arc can pair with TV remote control by either using IR or HDMI-CEC, but still this is to control just the volume of the speaker.

• If the Arc is physically blocking the TV’s IR receiver, you might need to change its position to have a clear line of sight to control the TV’s power.
  • Another suggestion is to control your TV with Alexa or the Google Assistant voice service.

With Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant added to your Arc, you can use your voice to turn your TV on and off as well as adjust the TV volume.

To use these commands, Arc must be connected to your TV’s HDMI-ARC or HDMI-eARC input and your TV needs to have HDMI-CEC enabled.

Voice commands for turning the TV on and off will not work if Arc is connected via an optical adapter.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.