Answered

Sonos arc volume varies greatly between streaming app

• 2 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I just purchased a Sonos arc and I have to watch youtubetv at over 50 volume and the. Can only watch YouTube at 20 or less for the same level sound. I have a Vizio p75 tv and have it hooked up with the provided HDMI cable. 

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 3 January 2022, 16:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I previously had a Sonos beam and the arc produces less sound volume at same level than the beam. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So what exactly is the problem you experience? Just that it needs to say 50 where the Beam needed 20?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I just purchased a Sonos arc and I have to watch youtubetv at over 50 volume and the. Can only watch YouTube at 20 or less for the same level sound. I have a Vizio p75 tv and have it hooked up with the provided HDMI cable. 

I find the YouTube app on my TV needs the volume about 20% higher than set top TV boxes.  I don’t notice a difference between my Beam and Arc.

The problem is when I switch between streaming apps I will blow myself with the sound way to loud because of the disparity in required volume level. How can I normalize the actual decibel of sound across the different apps? I also don’t think the arc produces the same decibel of sound as the arc on the same volume setting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The problem is when I switch between streaming apps I will blow myself with the sound way to loud because of the disparity in required volume level. How can I normalize the actual decibel of sound across the different apps? I also don’t think the arc produces the same decibel of sound as the arc on the same volume setting. 

On the differing sound levels I think you need to take that up with the providers or their regulatory bodies; it frustrates many of us. 

Different speakers, placements and orientations may affect the perceived volume from a specific listening position. Sonos don’t provide any “power rating” for the amps in their speakers, so the volume number 20 on a Beam may well need 30 on an Arc to produce the same volume. There may be some reviews that give those figures.