Answered

Sonos Arc volume level display for Samsung TV

• 18 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Sonos Arc sounds great. Samsung TV shows the volume control as HDMI Receiver with just +|_. Is it possible to show the volume level? Is it annoying to check mobile app for volume level. Need a fix please.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 19 June 2020, 16:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

That’s up to the TV.  

Same thing for me with a LG 65C98 - please fix it, thx.

Same thing for me with a LG 65C98 - please fix it, thx.

Once again, it is a function of the TV.  The Arc is connected to CEC and communicating the settings, it is up to the TV to display the data.  Some do, some do not, but it has nothing to do with the Arc. 

Can Sonos override the UI. For eg: Chromecast has its own volume level. It’s very annoying to check the mobile app for level. What options we have? I have seen this issue with Samsung, LG, Sony TV. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello,

There are sometimes options to remove or disable these volume indicators, you may want to check out this support page to see if anything here can help you. 

I have the same issue.

Samsung TV + sonos arc and when I change volume, I only see receiver and ± which is super annoying.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Efrafa.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Have you already consider the post of Jgatie that this issue your having might be connected to your TV and not to the Sonos arc?

And how about the previous post of Jean C. have you already open the support link?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I have the same problem. “jgatie” has said “Once again, it is a function of the TV.” But I don’t have an optical cable —  HMDI is connecting TV and Sonos. Before the Sonos was connected, the TV displayed sound changes with “numbers”, not with a “flashing plus.minus sign.” 

The TV controller transmits directly to the TV (via IR), so why does the TV no longer display the sound level the way it did prior to the arrival of Sonos? and how do I recover the old behavior? How does the Sonos sound-bar manage to intrude?