Answered

Sonos Arc Vizio TV CEC Issues

• 20 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Here’s my setup:

Sonos Arc - connected through supplied HDMI cable to ARC port on my TV - Vizio P55-F1 (2018)

Issue:

VIzio remote control will only turn down the volume, not up.  Power Cycle seems to resolve for a short period of time.  Also it seems I can only turn the volume up if the Arc sees the IR signal from the remote, If I make sure only the TV can pick up the IR signal it notices that I have pushed a button and displays the volume level on the screen but will not increase or decrease the volume.  TV volume controls work fine if the Arc is unplugged.  Also noticed the volume controls on the back of the TV won’t turn the Arc volume up or down either.

Hoping someone can point me in the direction of a fix, or at least wanting to see if others are having a similar issue.

icon

Best answer by Slack3r 21 June 2020, 18:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge

Just as a quick update, I disabled IR Repeater in the options and since then everything seems to be working find.  Arc wasn’t blocking the TV’s IR receiver anyhow so this wasn’t needed.  Still have to re-enable it to verify that was the issue, but everything is working as expected now.

I’m having a similar if not the same issue. My setup is Vizio M55, Sonos Beam, Apple TV and PS5. Often when switching from AppleTV to PS5 I lose sound and the volume only goes down, not up. I have to switch back and forth several times and it eventually works. Where did you turn off the repeater? TV settings or Sonos settings? Thanks