Answered

Sonos Arc tv input broadcast

• 25 October 2020
  • 2 replies

I’ve had both an Arc and a Sonos Amp for the past few months. The Amp is hooked to floor speakers and a subwoofer, and is used primarily for my turntable. Previously, when watching TV, the Sonos app reported that the Arc was using TV audio and it allowed me to group the Amp for even more volume/bass. However today I tried to take advantage of this feature, and the Sonos app no longer signifies that the Amp is playing TV audio, and as a result I can no longer share TV audio between devices.

Has something changed with the Arc firmware, or is there some setting that might be preventing this from working? 

icon

Best answer by kcfisher 26 October 2020, 00:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Didn’t realize that Sonos support was available on a Sunday afternoon! Ends up the HDMI connection was being reported by the ARC as disconnected, even though audio was coming out of the Arc. Just went into the Arc page > Music icon > TV input and that forced the Arc to reinitialize the HDMI connection. Viola!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @kcfisher.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Thanks for sharing what seems to be the issue and what was done with our technical support team to find a solution to fix the issue so other members of the community who might have the same problem as yours may find this solution helpful and the provided solution was able to fix your issue. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,