Answered

Sonos Arc system suddenly no sound with HDMI-EARC mode on Samsung Q80T

• 30 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Anyone else having this issue? My Sonos Arc (with 2 SL and sub) sometimes does not play dolby digital or Atmos with my Samsung TV. It happens randomly as a sudden drop in sound (no sound at all). When it does, I have to select the PCM mode if I have to hear any sound. Both the TV and the Soundbar system are updated with the latest software. Also, the Arc is connected to the HDMI eARC port of the TV using the HDMI cable which came with the Sonossystem 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 July 2021, 23:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’d certainly try a reboot of both the TV and the Arc simultaneously.

I’d guess that the Arc is losing knowledge of the eARC stream for some reason, and turning it self “off” until you’re changing the format, which would then re-tickle the Sonos to come on. 

I’d also make sure the software on the TV was up to date. CEC problems tend to abound in older versions of software running TVs. And the Arc is merely a client of the hub that runs on the TV. 

With respect to the Samsung reboot, remove the power for at least a couple minutes, else they may not fully reboot.