Question

Sonos Arc Surround (OneSLs vs in-ceiling)

• 20 September 2020
  • 1 reply

I’m building out a small home theater in the basement.  It will definitively include the Arc and the Sub.  My question is the L/R Rear Surrounds.  The Sonos website sells a package that includes the One SLs.  The Arc and the Amp pages suggest that Amp+in-ceiling speakers can also drive the Rear Channels.  Is there any drawback to using the Amp+in-ceiling speakers as opposed to the One SLs?  (Besides price I guess since Amp+in-ceiling will be more expensive.)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @CodyC. Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate for bringing your concern to us and letting us know about it. Let me see what I can to help you with this.

The Sonos One SL would be a great surround speaker for your home theater in the basement. You can also set up TruePlay which optimizes the sound for the unique acoustics of the room.

Sonos Amp and in-ceiling speakers can be used as surround speakers. Not only on in-ceiling speakers, but you can also connect it to floor-standing, in-wall, bookshelf, and outdoor speakers.

Also, the Sonos AMP can be used as a line-in connection for other music sources. You can check out this article Use Amp for home theater for the recommended set up.

We can also wait for other user’s experience for any recommendations. You can also contact our Sales Support team at 1-800-680-2345, Mondays - Thursdays 10 AM to 8 PM ET, Fridays 10 AM to 5 PM, 6 PM to 8 PM ET.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.