Sonos Arc / Sub (Gen 3)/ One SL - audio issues

• 12 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Recently the sound from my Sonos Arc system sounds worse. Not as detailed and balanced as before.

I feel that when there's a busy scene a lot of the sounds in the scene are quieter and a lot are just dropped. Initially I thought it was the specific content but it happens all the time. 

I'm not sure why this has happened, no changes were made to settings or anything like that. 

System is mainly used for TV audio.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Steps for Trueplay

1. From the Settings tab, tap System and then select the speaker you wish to tune.

2. Tap Trueplay > Trueplay Tuning and follow the in-app instructions to tune your speaker.

3. During the Trueplay tuning process, you will be prompted to grant Sonos permission to use the microphone on your iOS device. Trueplay tuning is the only time Sonos will use audio collected by your device’s microphone.

Once you’ve finished tuning your Sonos speaker, the Trueplay tuning adjustments can be toggled on and off from this same menu.

Badge +4

Steps for Trueplay

1. From the Settings tab, tap System and then select the speaker you wish to tune.

2. Tap Trueplay > Trueplay Tuning and follow the in-app instructions to tune your speaker.

3. During the Trueplay tuning process, you will be prompted to grant Sonos permission to use the microphone on your iOS device. Trueplay tuning is the only time Sonos will use audio collected by your device’s microphone.

Once you’ve finished tuning your Sonos speaker, the Trueplay tuning adjustments can be toggled on and off from this same menu.

Yeah this is after Trueplay.