New Sony Bravia XBR 75 X900H (1 Week Old) with latest system updates
New Sonos Arc (1 Week Old) with latest system updates
Sonos Arc plugged into HDMI ARC (Port 3) on Sony TV.
Everything was working great the first day of playing sound through the Sono Arc.
The second day, whenever I listened to YouTube Videos, Sling, or Spotify the sound would be perfect but as soon as I switch to a movie being played in Dolby Atmos the sound will continuously stutter over and over forever as if the video is skipping but the video its self plays smooth with no stutters (it’s only the sound).
Sony TV Audio Output Settings:
- Audio System Prioritization - ON
- A/V Sync - ON
- Digital Audio Out - Auto 1
- Dolby Digital Plus Output - Dolby Digital Plus
- Pass Through Mode - Auto
Two things will temporarily solve the problem for me and cause Dolby Atmos audio to play perfectly afterwards.
- If I power off the Sonos Arc for a minute and turn it back on the issue completely goes away (Dolby Atmos back to sounding great again)
- If I change my Dolby Digital Plus Output to Dolby Digital for a few minutes and then turn Dolby Digital Plus back on the stuttering is gone (Dolby Atmos back to sounding great again)
I can generally reproduce this issue now by listening to any NON Dolby Atmos sources for a few hours (such as YouTube, Spotify, Playstation 4 games or Sling TV). Then switch to a Dolby Atmos source such as a Netflix or Amazon Prime movie and the stuttering shows up again.
Here is my latest Sonos Diagnostics Report: