Question

Sonos Arc - Sound goes out with Samsung 80t TV

• 23 October 2020
  • 7 replies

There is another post on the issue discussing upgrading the firmware on the Samsung TV. This did not work for me. My TV is on the latest firmware revision as of October 23rd, 2020 (checked Samsung support website as well). The sound will play for awhile and go out. This never happened before hooking up the Arc. I find that powering the TV off and on again gets me sound for a short time but it randomly will go out again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I tried to respond to your post with details of my own issue, but does not show up (do posts need to be approved?)

Here it is again.

I am one of the people who is suffering from the random sound drop outs (Complete loss of sound and also the cut in and out issue) that are being experienced with the Samsung + Arc set up.

I have a 2020 Samsung Q85T TV and the Sonos Arc over E-Arc and am still occasionally getting the drop out issues. I have an open case with Sonos support and repeatedly send them diagnostics to try to identify the issue. I am aware that this issue is experienced by a lot of Samsung owners and it appears we are not getting any close to a fix.

As easy as it is to solve this issue (Power Cycle if complete loss or app switching if intermittent) - This is becoming frequently frustrating and something that I shouldn't have to do with a £2,000 set up.

Samsung released an update recently but this hasn't resolved the issue, I am not longer prepared to put up with this and am 80 days into my Sonos ownership. I understand that I can return the Arc within 100 days no quibble which I am likely to do. 

Thanks for the reply. I did see that there are others with the issue but as you said no real fix. I don’t know that I want to gamble on a future firmware fix while the warranty/ability to return expires. I might just return and get something else or rebuy when it is fixed. I SUGGEST ALL SAMSUNG TV owners with ARC having this sound issue do the same!

Userlevel 1
Badge

There’s no update from Sonos either 

So opening a ticket with Sonos or Samsung would likely be moot. I assume “we are aware and working on” it is the standard reply.

Of note, my Sonos Arc is also at the latest firmware version as of 11/5/2020.

Samsung released a firmware update (USB Only from their site) that solved my issue. I had to restore both the Sonos and the TV back to factory defaults (after it initially didnt work) but since its completely fixed

Ok, thanks. Let me check that out...