Sonos ARC sound cuts out and lip sync is terrible

• 13 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I’m a new customer to Sonos and was so looking forward to setting up my ARC. For music its outsanding but the lip sync is terirble (even when adjusting using the app and the TV funciton). It will be fine then creep out and requires continual adustment. Its also drops the sound on both the HDMI connection and when I tired the optical adapter. 

I really want to love this system and not leverage my 100 days return clause. Somebody please help.

TV - LG 49UB850V (dolby digital +, not Atmos or eARC)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What is your source device? (Note that DD+ is not supported, you have to use DD 5.1).

Make sure the TV is running the latest firmware. If that doesn’t even help optical, I would recommend returning the Arc.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. My source device is a Sky Q box 2TB. 

Like you say, it’s either a return or drop more money on a new TV set. It’s not a completely bad idea but my fear is getting a new set and still having the issue. I’ve read that LG seem to have issues across the range with the ARC. 

Userlevel 7

You could get the HD Fury Arcana for $199.99 and it will allow you to get Dolby Atmos audio from the Sonos Arc and fix your lip sync issues with the Sky Q box. It’s much cheaper than purchasing a new TV.