Sonos Arc set and bad salesmen

• 8 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Lousy service and poor information. Bought an $800 sound bar for the TV. The directions say "download the Sonos app to connect it to the TV." But in the App Store there are a dozen Sonos apps. After an hour waiting for tech support to ask which one I use, I called the salesmen at MAGNOLIA (the operate out of Best Buy). They told me the wrong app, which I found out when I tried connecting to the TV. And the directions with the sound bar didn't match the app choices. While trying to connect, it told me this was the wrong app. It told me the right one, which I downloaded. But once I logged in, it took me to Terms and Conditions...and a dead end. No button to hit "accept." No access to connection process or controls. Only access to pages selling Sonos products. Called the store again, saying I needed help or I'd return the product. They texted "return it." I’m returning it. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It’s a shame that poor service from Magnolia/Best Buy has made you return the Arc instead of seeking advice here in the Community forum.

There is a simple solution to get past “Terms and Conditions” but that is obviously of no use to you now.

How do you get past “Terms and Conditions?” I haven’t returned the unit yet.

When you click “Terms and Conditions” it opens in a browser, and you can then go back to the Sonos app to continue the set up.