Sonos Arc + Samsung Q90T | Sound Cutting Out | Anyone else?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

98 replies

This is a widespread issue with the arc and in another thread many suggested unplugging the arc and then plugging it back in.  I just tried it on my arc connected to my Samsung Q90T and sound is no longer cutting out.  I have no idea how long this will be fixed, but it was OK for the first 6 days I’ve had this setup.  Go figure.  Help us Sonos.

Hello,

I will buy the q90t and arc soon. After reading few threads about issues, I chatted this morning with sonos and samsung. With sonos, the agent told me that he could not tell me if I could have issues with both devices, if I have issue, I will need to contact them and if necessary to contact samsung…. I told the sonos agent about the thread on this sonos community web site.

When talking with samsung, the agent told me that I would not have any issue….

I liked sonos response better because I think he was aware of some issues. The samsung agent did not know anything I think about these issues.

I think the best thing is that sonos said in a thread is that they are working with samsung. I want to replace my playbar, already have the sub and play1s so I staying with sonos for sure.

I hope this will be fix soon with an update from sonos and/or samsung.

Regards,

Dan

@DanielDion I have had the Q90T and Sonos Arc Setup for a over a month now.  I did have some issues with sound cutting out at first.  I have only had it happen once over the last 3 weeks or so.  It was when Netflix (TV App) went fo the next episode automatically.  Not sure why this only happened once over the last 3 week as we watch Netflix every night just about and let it automatically go to the next episode all th time.  Anyway, I love the TV and the Sonos Arc.  I can’t say for certain you won’t have the sound cutout issues but I also don’t want you to let this issue dissuade you from making the upgrades.  Both products are exceptional except for this one issue, which seems to be very sporadic, and for me at least, not very frequent.

@DanielDion I have had the Q90T and Sonos Arc Setup for a over a month now.  I did have some issues with sound cutting out at first.  I have only had it happen once over the last 3 weeks or so.  It was when Netflix (TV App) went fo the next episode automatically.  Not sure why this only happened once over the last 3 week as we watch Netflix every night just about and let it automatically go to the next episode all th time.  Anyway, I love the TV and the Sonos Arc.  I can’t say for certain you won’t have the sound cutout issues but I also don’t want you to let this issue dissuade you from making the upgrades.  Both products are exceptional except for this one issue, which seems to be very sporadic, and for me at least, not very frequent.

thanks for your reply!!!

planning to have both this fall. If I can wait for black friday, it will be the 75.

best regards 

Dan

I’ve got the Q95T 55” and Sonos Arc, I’ve had them for about 4 weeks now and I still have the same audio/eARC problems others have already mentioned in this thread. Only fix for me is to turn the TV and ARC off at the wall, wait 10-15 seconds and turn them both back on. Then I have no issues, until the next day when I use the TV and ARC and have to repeat this process to get things working again. It’s very frustrating for amount of money paid to buy these premium products. 

Getting the problem where the sound cuts out for 2 seconds every 5 seconds or so.  Only thing I find that corrects it every time is power cycling the Arc.  Then it works for approximately 1 to 2 days and comes back.  Sometimes tweaking settings on the Samsung side fixes the issue temporarily but at this point the only thing that always works is power cycling the Arc by unplugging it and plugging it back in.

I suspect the issue is eArc on the tv. I have the q95t hooked up to a Sony ht-st5000 Soundbar. External devices to the tv and then eArc to the Soundbar. Sometimes Atmos works sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it works for a while and then just cuts out. I use Apple TV and Xbox one. It’s very frustrating. 

Userlevel 1

Still not fixed. Spoke to a very helpful Sonos assistant today who said the known issue is still with Samsung and they don’t have a date for any fix. A little worrying - I’m having to consider returning the product in case it can’t/won’t be fixed by a software upgrade at either end. Disappointing that neither manufacturer is choosing to let people know in advance of purchase that this well-advertised feature doesn’t actually work!

Badge +2

I’m in the same boat. Is there a work around here? Maybe sacrifice atmos somehow? Would using the optical to hdmi adapter? Of course that would controlling the soundbar more difficult since CEC (or equivalent) would no longer work.

Samsung Q95 75” TV with Sonos Arc.  

I also have an issue with the sound cutting out every 3-4 seconds.   Temporary fix is to disconnect the HDMI on the Arc and reconnect it.    happens every morning.  

I have also noticed that on the Samsung TV, in Sound - Expert Mode, the HDMI eARC mode has to be off to get sound - setting it on Auto stops the sound. 

Any help please? 

Yep, exactly same issue here!

Bought brand new Samsung 65Q900T with Sonos Arc, 2 x One SL and Sub.

Worked perfectly for the first 2 weeks, then since last week sound start cutting out every few seconds. Only thing that works is repowering the arc. Then it works for a while until the problem starts all over again.

Very annoying and shouldn’t happen with equipment at this price level.

Is this a Samsung thing or a Sonos thing??  Any suggestions?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Here's an update for all users using Samsung 2020 QLED (LS03T) Range in the US.
Samsung released a firmware update version 1402.1 that may assist in mitigating the issue.
Currently, the update appears to only be available for US models and via a manual USB update.
Reach out to Samsung for further assistance and hope this helps.
We and the community are always here to help.

Have a Samsung Q80 and ARC with the same issue.  Power cycling the ARC fixes it for a while then it returns.  

I’ve also turn off eARC on the Samsung TV and haven’t noticed any dropped audio, but that means we don’t get Dolby Audio.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @malkam, thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the community. Let me share this thread and just to let you know that if you’re only using the inbuilt apps on your TV, you’ll still get Atmos even it’s eARC is disabled. If Arc is receiving an Atmos signal, it will display that within the Sonos App on both the "Now Playing" screen, and within the settings portion of our app. 

eARC should always be enabled if possible to get the most out of the Sonos Arc. If your TV is having trouble when eARC is enabled and you're using streaming services like Netflix, you can disable the eARC from the TV settings because the streaming audio will still be compressed and you'll still get Atmos and most probably we’re investigating about it.  
For 4k Bluray or any hard media plugged in directly to the TV and has Atmos, always enable eARC because eARC always looks for uncompressed audio. Here’s a helpful video about it. 

Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Frustratingly - after the 1402.1 USB upgrade on the TV, the problem seems to occur more frequently, not less.  Turning off eARC on the samsung is a consistent (not ideal) fix?

I’d like to hear from people, if there is anyone out there that isn’t having issues.  I have a Samsung Q90T coming on Tuesday and the Arc is on back order until November 9th.  Am on the fence on whether to cancel one or both orders.  I see it’s happening to others with LG and Sony tv’s as well so isn’t this a Sonos issue?  Really don’t want to spend this kind of money on something that won’t work as advertised.  Thanks

I have had the Samsung Q90T and the Sonos Arc for about 3 weeks, it was working perfectly until about 3 days ago. Sounds is cutting out every 5-10 secs, making tv unwatchable. It is happening in all mediums, apps, regular tv, streaming, etc etc. More than frustrating. I have tried some of the recs here and nothing is working. As all know this is supposed to be top of the line products and do not know what to do. Reading these posts, seems to be a Sonos problem (?) as it is happening on LGs, Samsung, Sonys, etc.  If anyone can help, please please. Thank you. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Samsung Q80T plus Sonos Arc. Sound dropping out when changing apps (Netflix to Prime), and when changing channels within YouTube TV. Sometimes sound is slow to come back, sometimes it doesn’t come back at all. Changing audio source on Samsung (eg., to internal speakers) and then back to Arc fixes it. Still annoying. 

Thank you… appreciate the suggestion. Unfortunately that did not work. This is a bad situation. Any other suggestions or help from anyone? Thanks 

This apparently fixes the problem but who wants to spend even more money for something that is supposed to work in the first place.

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Thank you for the recommendation. But my tv does have eArc. Appreciate the advice. 

I have been working on this all day, nothing works. Would still love to hear others’ experiences and suggestions. This all should not be happening on such high premium electronics.  

I have the Q90t and ARC....... Starting to have issues too. Cutting in and out not really an issue. More of no sound coming through at all... Reboot works and also messing with the tv settings....put some good money down on this system... What the deal Samsung issue or Sonos?

There is an update for the TV on the Samsung site that came out yesterday. My tv is now at 1403.1 but don’t have my arc yet to test if it makes a difference. I’m in Canada if that makes a difference for the update. 

Sitting at 1402 at the moment...

I downloaded it to a USB drive formatted to FAT32, extracted it,  plugged it in to my TV then went to software update. If I just checked for an update without the USB drive it just said I was up to date.