Answered

Sonos Arc +Samsung q80r+ Xbox Series X. = no Atmos with Xbox possible?

• 6 July 2021
  • 2 replies

so im connected the arc to the only Arc HDMI on Samsung  Q80r, its not 2.1..
Series X will give error when putting sound to bitstream and selecting Atmos or dTS-X, says not supported.. end of story.. 

I can however get Atmos direct from built in apps . Netflix using DD+...

do I have a chance or do I need new 2.1 TV? So I can't even use the Xbox same way- have it output Atmos via DD+ lossy? 

should I go Samsung q950a, I had the. q90r Soundbar and stability and problem wise it was horrible , at least the Sonos works when tv is on...
Thank you

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 July 2021, 03:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you are trying to watch Dolby Atmos-encoded Blu-ray discs, you will not be able to play Dolby Atmos audio because your TV is not equipped with HDMI eARC.

Sonos doesn’t support DTS audio. But if you had a TV with eARC, you could have your Blu-ray player convert DTS to PCM to play multichannel PCM audio out of the Arc.

You can either get a TV with eARC or get the HDFury Arcana that allows your Xbox to bypass your TV’s limitations and send audio directly to the Arc resulting in Dolby TrueHD/Atmos and multichannel PCM audio from Blu-ray and UHD discs.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey LennyRN,

Sadly you are out of luck with your Q80R. I have the same setup and without an eARC port, your TV won’t pass through Atmos (even uncompressed) from inputs. Only apps can handle the compressed transport layer for Atmos through DD+. As such my Series X outputs Uncompressed Stereo which is a huge downside.

Like Guitar said, HDFury Arcana is the only real workaround.