Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Could I get assistance on the same issue. Happening daily now and so annoying.  I have to switch breaker off to reset everything to get arc to work again. 

Hi all, yet another note from the dev team:

We have been working on the ongoing audio problem between the Sonos Arc and several 2020 Samsung TV models. These models support the new eARC connectivity. Samsung TVs prior to and from 2019 do not support eARC and are not seeing this particular problem. Customers will randomly experience a complete loss of audio which requires either the rebooting of the Sonos Arc and/or the rebooting of the Samsung TV. 

If you are experiencing this problem and you are willing to assist with some short term testing, please contact our customer care department at your earliest convenience.

Best,

Ditte

Is there any update here?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I still have this issue. I have even turned off “Instant On” in the secret menu, but no luck with resolving the problem.

Is Sonos still working with Samsung on a solution, or is it a lost cause?

I still have this issue. I have even turned off “Instant On” in the secret menu, but no luck with resolving the problem.

So I recently did a hard reset on my samsung tv and my issue went away.  That’s not to say it wont come back. but the sound hasn't dropped in the last few Dolby atmos movies I watched.

Userlevel 1
Badge

So I recently did a hard reset on my samsung tv and my issue went away.  That’s not to say it wont come back. but the sound hasn't dropped in the last few Dolby atmos movies I watched.

How did you do the hard reset?

I reset the tv back to factory settings through the settings menu. Re-setup everything. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I reset the tv back to factory settings through the settings menu. Re-setup everything. 

Already tried that with no luck 🙁

Already tried that with no luck 🙁

Also, my TV is on the latest update I believe its 2016.1.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Small update.

I have been having this problem for quite some time, and have tried pretty much any possible fixes, I could find. But with no luck.

Finally, Sonos support pointed me in the direction, of a possible CEC conflict being the cause of the problem.

About a week ago, I disabled CEC on my settop box from my tv provider. 
And, since then I have not been having any problems.

Fingers crossed, that I was finally able to get rid of the issue.

That seems to be solved mow, my tv 2020 works fine with Ark. Hopefully ;)

Been getting this issue more and more now that I started using Xbox Series S with Frame TV + Sonos Arc.

It seems isolated to Dolby Atmos audio.

Any one got a clear fix for this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Been getting this issue more and more now that I started using Xbox Series S with Frame TV + Sonos Arc.

It seems isolated to Dolby Atmos audio.

Any one got a clear fix for this?

I finally got this issue solved when I turned of CEC on my settop box.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am having this same issue on my 2021 Samsung Frame TV and Beam gen 2. Sometimes I get no sound when the TV turns on, sometimes it connects to the Beam but via ARC not eARC, sometimes the TV speakers come on and go off in a loop, but no sound from the Beam G2.

I have tried the various solutions, but nothing works. The only fix is power cycling the TV. Which is a pain.

I don’t see Samsung and Sonos “working together” for a solution. Not only would this be illegal (at least in North America), but Samsung has no reason to work on it. Samsung and Sonos are competitors in the soundbar market. Samsung’s solution is easy - buy a Samsung soundbar - problem solved.

Sonos is the only one that can solve this, they don’t sell TV’s, If their TV add on soundbar don’t work properly with one of the largest manufacturers of TV’s in the world, then Sonos has a problem, not Samsung. Pointing fingers won’t solve the issue.

I will continue to search for a solution, but this issue is squarely in Sonos’s court.

*Samsung Fixed Mine for Now*

I have the Samsung Q80T with the Arc, (2) Ones, and a sub. I have a similar setup upstairs, but with an older TV that is Arc and not eARC. 

Everything was working perfect until yesterday. I lost the connection with the TV (Xfinity cable provider), and the Sonos. All of the settings reverted to TV speakers. The weird thing was every so often the Samsung TV would pick up the Sonos and play for two seconds and then right back to TV Speakers. I spent hours to make sure all the settings were correct, and trouble shooting every cable and different way to play out of the Sonos. Including taking the entire system upstairs where it worked perfectly. 

The Sonos would still give me the 5.1 if I used Airplay from my MacBook, Sonos music, Netflix, etc. Sonos could not figure it out. Everything worked on their end up until the point where Samsung TV became involved. I could physically see the “Receiver HDMI eARC” pop up in the sound output and then disappear. It was almost like there was a loose cable, but that was not the case. 

Then all of a sudden the TV became stuck on HDMI Port 3 not detected or something along those lines. It showed the Arc, but nothing would appear on the TV except that notification about HDMI Port 3. 

Out of options, I gave Samsung remote access to my system. I have no clue what he did on his end, but everything is working perfectly “for now.” I asked him what he did and all he could tell me was he sees it differently on his end and made sure the cable source went into HDMI 4 (where my cable box is plugged in), and it has worked seamlessly since. So I now have the same setup as before, Arc into Port 3 eARC, cable box into HDMI Port 4, and somehow it is working. But this definitely sounds like some type of Samsung issue. 

Anyone have any other updates on this?

Sonos customer service informed me Monday that their products (all of them, according to the CSR I spoke to) do not work with Samsung Frame TVs.

Bought a Beam and 2020 Samsung Frame TV for my parents last November.  Never was able to get the two connected via HDMI.  Called Sonos then was told that it wouldn’t work but to use the optical connection.  That worked for seven months when the volume would max out when increasing the volume by one with the Samsung remote.  I could see the volume increasing on its own through the Sonos App, which was the only way to turn the volume down.  After which the remote would no longer be able to change the volume. 

When I called Sonos about this issue, I was told that there was nothing they could do; that Sonos products do not work with this line of televisions.  Nice they couldn’t tell me that last year when I could have returned the sound bar and got something that actually worked for my parents.

Very disappointed in Sonos.  They have lost me as a customer.  Will be recommending to everyone I know not to buy Sonos going forward.   

I spoke too soon. It worked for one day and dropped the connection again. It tries to pick it back up for a second and then reverts to TV speakers. 

I hope there is a fix for this soon. If not, a huge waste of money putting Sonos throughout the house with Samsung TV’s. I switched from a wired system to this because everyone told me how amazing it was. Not very happy right now. 

Come on Sonos…

Does Dolby Atmos works on The Frame TV? I’m about to purchase a 2020 Frame TV together with a Sonos Arc, but I want to be 100% certain it will output Dolby Atmos.

Yes but the Sonos won’t connect to the tv

Mine has been working for about (6) days now. I pulled the HDMI cable out of the Arc and unplugged the Samsung. I have CEC on the TV and also on the Comcast Cable box. I have tried playing airplay music and switching back to TV cable and it has worked. I am still not completely convinced though. 

I have Samsung repair tech coming to my house on Monday. I can update on here once I speak to them. Any other questions I should ask, let me know. 

I am having this same issue on my 2021 Samsung Frame TV and Beam gen 2. Sometimes I get no sound when the TV turns on, sometimes it connects to the Beam but via ARC not eARC, sometimes the TV speakers come on and go off in a loop, but no sound from the Beam G2.

I have tried the various solutions, but nothing works. The only fix is power cycling the TV. Which is a pain.

I don’t see Samsung and Sonos “working together” for a solution. Not only would this be illegal (at least in North America), but Samsung has no reason to work on it. Samsung and Sonos are competitors in the soundbar market. Samsung’s solution is easy - buy a Samsung soundbar - problem solved.

Sonos is the only one that can solve this, they don’t sell TV’s, If their TV add on soundbar don’t work properly with one of the largest manufacturers of TV’s in the world, then Sonos has a problem, not Samsung. Pointing fingers won’t solve the issue.

I will continue to search for a solution, but this issue is squarely in Sonos’s court.

I also have a 2021 frame and a Sonos beam 2

the app will not find the tv on set up via e-arc then it works for a minute then the tv switches back to tv speaker. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

just a quick update. I was still having issues with sound dropping out for a second every 45 minutes or so, but after I have opdated The Frame’s software to version 2102.2, it seems like the problem is finally solved.

Will make an update if the problem comes back.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

just a quick update. I was still having issues with sound dropping out for a second every 45 minutes or so, but after I have opdated The Frame’s software to version 2102.2, it seems like the problem is finally solved.

Will make an update if the problem comes back.

It is version 2101.2, not 2102.2. 

You wouldn’t believe what worked for me!
*** Try a different HDMI cable ***

I had the exact same issue on my new 75’’ Samsung QN90A. 
Nothing worked. I was frustrated just as most commenters here. 

Then I tried the HDMI cable that came with the Sonos Arc, instead of the other I had connected. Poof! Everything worked instantly. The TV notified me it detected a Dolby Atmos device, and everything was in sync. 

So is there a fix or no? I am going crazy with this sound cut out issue with my arc and Tu8000. 

I can’t believe Sonos has allowed these issues to continue for so long without offering a fix to the community. I am also experiencing dropped audio with my setup (Samsung Frame TV 2021, Sonos Arc/sub/ikea bookshelf speakers) and have spent hours on the phone with Sonos support - no luck.

I bought these products because I assumed they were of a certain quality but it appears not. Super disappointed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I can’t believe Sonos has allowed these issues to continue for so long without offering a fix to the community. I am also experiencing dropped audio with my setup (Samsung Frame TV 2021, Sonos Arc/sub/ikea bookshelf speakers) and have spent hours on the phone with Sonos support - no luck.

I bought these products because I assumed they were of a certain quality but it appears not. Super disappointed.

Have you opdated your tv with the firmware version available on Samsungs support website?

This solved all issues for me.