Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

Just ran the Samsung Update for my 2020 Samsung Frame via USB and it worked great all evening with eARC and verified Dolby Atmos via the app.  Today, I’ve attempted to watch TV and it’s back to the same thing - cutting in and out and often times no sound at all.

This nearly 4 month incompatibility between Sonos’ flagship product and a highly popular Samsung TV line is completely unacceptable. 

@Ditte - are we being heard and what is being done about this??

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just ran the Samsung Update for my 2020 Samsung Frame via USB and it worked great all evening with eARC and verified Dolby Atmos via the app.  Today, I’ve attempted to watch TV and it’s back to the same thing - cutting in and out and often times no sound at all.

This nearly 4 month incompatibility between Sonos’ flagship product and a highly popular Samsung TV line is completely unacceptable. 

@Ditte - are we being heard and what is being done about this??

I totally agree, it is unacceptable. Sonos stated 4 months ago they were working on this with Samsung and nothing yet. Do I send my Sonos Arc back?

As of now my combination Frame (2020) and ARC is working. I disconnected all HDMI devices. Then removed power cable from power Plug for about 15min. After restarting TV, I‘ve disabled Dolby Atmos compatibility.

On next day Sound was still good. Dolby Atmos was active by magic again. Connecting all HDMI devices again. Now since three days no cutting issue anymore.

Keeping fingers crossed that it will stay so.

But have to say that I am using „HDMI“ Not eARC activated yet. Would be next step.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Well. 

Samsung has sent out a repair, to replace the Connect One box, the repairman replaced it. And nothing. Sound cuts off from the Arc still. Its off more than on. For me, its got to be a software issue with Samsung. Because when I go into the the Sound input the Samsung Switches off, between Receiver HDMI and Receiver (HDMI-eArc) then the sound comes on when the system system goes back to “HDMI-eArc. The sound is ONLY a problem when attached to the Samsung One Connect. When streaming music through the Arc there is Zero problems.

As for Samsung, this has been an ongoing issue since day one. Samsung pushed and pushed me to “repair” this issue now Im 4 days PAST MY return date. And now im stuck with this TV. Samsung did elevate this issue with their RRRR division, they were supposed to call me today but didnt. Honestly this is my last Samsung product. 

Very frustrating. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Okay. 

So I actually got into contact with a State Side Engineer. He Knows what the problem is, Works for Samsung only with 1 Connect Tv’s, and WE may have figured something out. All of the updates are find and dandy. But they Do not cover, or at least in my case, something. 

I have the most current Updates from Samsung, but I needed to go into About TV, under the settings. There is a something called “Sub-micom Version”. This was not changed in my case, don’t know about others, in the most recent updates. There is a part the number in the “Sub-micom Version”, and towards of the sequence of numbers it was -1005t-. He sent me a Bin file (because im using a Macbook) and he had to from his end log into my TV, and upgrade it to -1006t- . 

This can only be done from the inside with an Actual Samsung Application Engineer it seems. My system seems to be Stable now. I don’t get anymore Signal loss (sound dropouts) or changes from HDMI to HDMI(Earc). BUT I will be trying this for the next few days , and its 100% not guaranteed to work. I am definitely a lab rat at this point. 

Also, Ive been told that Korea is working on this, as well is SONOS. they are STILL TRYING to figure this out. but Like the world we live in. Both sides are blaming each other. 

This took weeks for me to get ahold of this gentleman from SAMSUNG, and he is pretty competent. But like. he said. IF this doe not work, then it will be going to KOREA. I’ll keep you folks updated on what is happening on my end. 

Hey all, 

One more case to add to the books... Just purchased a 65-inch Samsung Frame TV (2020 model) and Sonos Arc. My TV was able to grab the 1402.1 update automatically, and my Sonos app/firmware is up-to-date.

I am experiencing the sound loss issues after the TV has been off/stand-by mode. When the TV powers back on I start experiencing the intermittent sound loss, as well as the Sound Output constantly switching between HDMI-eARC to HDMI. The issue goes away after simply unplugging/plugging back in the power cord for the Sonos Arc.

I just checked my Sub-micom Version and I am on 1005T. Marlina, please update us if the TV has been stable on Sub-micom Version 1006T. If so, could you possibly get a step-by-step instruction on updating to this version and upload the BIN file somewhere we can download it? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey all, 

One more case to add to the books... Just purchased a 65-inch Samsung Frame TV (2020 model) and Sonos Arc. My TV was able to grab the 1402.1 update automatically, and my Sonos app/firmware is up-to-date.

I am experiencing the sound loss issues after the TV has been off/stand-by mode. When the TV powers back on I start experiencing the intermittent sound loss, as well as the Sound Output constantly switching between HDMI-eARC to HDMI. The issue goes away after simply unplugging/plugging back in the power cord for the Sonos Arc.

I just checked my Sub-micom Version and I am on 1005T. Marlina, please update us if the TV has been stable on Sub-micom Version 1006T. If so, could you possibly get a step-by-step instruction on updating to this version and upload the BIN file somewhere we can download it? 

Hey Bud!! Fellow Frustrated as hell Customer. Ha! 

So. I didn’t download the 1006t. It was Sent to me by the Engineer at Samsung. It took 2 weeks to get to that guy. He is in the RRRR Department of Samsung. He actually knows the 2020 Samsung Frame like the back of his hand. He emailed it to me, then I had to put it on a USB. After installing it on the USB, he had to take control of my Samsung from his location, and opened up a Menu I’VE NEVER SEEN. It was sort of a root menu. Definitely not something we have access to. I don’t even think if we had it the file that we could put in the computer. 

So I had the 1006T installed. But it only worked for 1 1/2 days. THEN the DROPS happened again. Sooo…...The Engineer and I went at it again. We RESET the One Connect and it has been running 24 hours a day for almost 2 days without a single drop. Also, I have a  32gig USB in my One Connect doing a Live Log, to see exactly what is going on. That same engineer is reading the logs to see how the Interface is working. But for the time being….its working perfectly. I have a SONOS ARC with sub, and two Play one SL’s. The 5.1 system. 

So as it stands. What HAS been working is installing 1402.1, BT-S, going from Sub-micom Version and I am on 1005T to Sub-micom Version and I am on 1006T. Then RESETING the Machine. 

I’ll keep you folks updated. But for the first time, I haven’t had a single drop in close to 48 hours. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks and welcome to all the new community users here. I also appreciate you sharing that @Marlina. Just keep us posted here and maybe users can do that as well. We’re continuously working with our partners to get this fixed as soon as possible. We’ll let you all know here. 

Just let us know if you need anything. We and the community are always here to help.

Hello All,

just to report the same Samsung QE95 75inch… and Sonos Arc. When eArc is enabled there is no sound.

other thing the Sonos is connected to TV, I can’t switch back to TV speaker.. it simply goes back all the time to Arc.

I am very upset flagship TV and flagship Sonos and they dont work…

I am considering sending Sonos back.

Follow-up sounds keeps dropping even after switching off eArc… I am returning it back to store tomorrow and buying Samsung.

i am very disappointed.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Follow-up sounds keeps dropping even after switching off eArc… I am returning it back to store tomorrow and buying Samsung.

i am very disappointed.

So its been close to 5 days. No drops and No issues with the Arc. I have taken it a step further and installed a New Google ChromeCast Sabrina, and within the Sabrina I have Activated the ATMOS option on the Chromecast. The Engineer with Samnsung has been monitoring the Data Between the SONOS and the One connect and there have Been ZERO drops. Nothing. 

Initially it had been an Issue also, that Any other outside devices with attached to the HDMI’s have been an issue. So Devices needed to be unplugged.  That seems to no. longer be an issue. 

So things We have done as so far in order:

-Updated the software to 1401.2 (Problem Persisted) 

-Replaced the One Connect box. (Problem still persisted) 

-Unplugged all the devices from One box, Not the Arc (Problems Persisted)

-Samsung Eng Installed Sub-micom Version 1006T to the System. (Problems Persisted)

-Samsung Reset One Connect and problems stopped. 

From what I understand the Sub-micom Version 1006T was not updated with the 1402 update. Don’t know why But I have installed the Arc via Earc to a 2020 Lg Gallery, and it has worked perfectly. Just did that today. This seem this a Samsung issue. The Engineer is a SUPER nice guy and wants to help. But I totally understand that he doesn’t and CAN’T say this is a SAMSUNG issue.. But it is. This in my Opinion is not an ARC issue. On top of this. SONOS is sending me a NEW ARC on Monday. Guess Im Test Rat from Both SONOS and SAMSUNG. 

I’ll keep you updated.   

i am very disappointed.

So its been close to 5 days. No drops and No issues with the Arc. I have taken it a step further and installed a New Google ChromeCast Sabrina, and within the Sabrina I have Activated the ATMOS option on the Chromecast. The Engineer with Samnsung has been monitoring the Data Between the SONOS and the One connect and there have Been ZERO drops. Nothing. 

Initially it had been an Issue also, that Any other outside devices with attached to the HDMI’s have been an issue. So Devices needed to be unplugged.  That seems to no. longer be an issue. 

-Samsung Eng Installed Sub-micom Version 1006T to the System. (Problems Persisted)

From what I understand the Sub-micom Version 1006T was not updated with the 1402 update. Don’t know why But I have installed the Arc via Earc to a 2020 Lg Gallery, and it has worked perfectly. Just did that today. This seem this a Samsung issue. The Engineer is a SUPER nice guy and wants to help. But I totally understand that he doesn’t and CAN’T say this is a SAMSUNG issue.. But it is. This in my Opinion is not an ARC issue. On top of this. SONOS is sending me a NEW ARC on Monday. Guess Im Test Rat from Both SONOS and SAMSUNG. 

I’ll keep you updated.   

@Marlina - how did you get to this Wizzard  engineer, by calling some number? Or writing to some support email?

So many thanks for all your help!!!!

Warm regards

Nik (Prague, EU)

Userlevel 3
Badge

i am very disappointed.

I’ll keep you updated.   

@Marlina - how did you get to this Wizzard  engineer, by calling some number? Or writing to some support email?

So many thanks for all your help!!!!

Warm regards

Nik (Prague, EU)

Hey Nik. 

Honestly it took weeks of me dealing with Samsung’s BS. As much as I like this competent Engineer, I actually despise Samsung as a a company. They have a ton of lackeys, and unhelpful people on their phones. I had to have two people come to my home on behalf of Samsung to try to repair my television. Which is horrible because I am trying to stay away from Covid,. And then I had to use three supervisors to lie to me, to actually try to fix my problem. When none of them actually knew what the hell they were doing. 

Finally after all the supervisors, and the lackeys with Samsung support got tired of lying to me they sent me to the RRRR Department. Then within that department, they had to send me to an engineer because they couldn't figure it out. It's this guy who is actually doing his job.

Honestly if you're within the time period of being able to return your Samsung television I would. Because they lied to me so much, and pushed off my opportunity to return it within 30 days now I am past my 30 days return. (Even when I was ONLY 4 days past the 30 days they REFUSED to take my return)

Sonos on the other hand, sent me a new cable, and now they're sending me a new Arc, Facilitate a fix. Sonos has been nothing but great, Samsung on the other hand has been complete crap. Obviously other than the engineer who is just as frustrated as I am.

I personally feel that Samsung has put out a product, that doesn't work how it was advertised to work. The reason I say this as I have tried my Sonos arc, and other televisions and they have worked as specified. 

My personal belief, is that Samsung has given up on this frame because they are not putting their resources into the 2021 models and not having to fix the mistake that they made in the first place. But, that's just my opinion.

But I will definitely update this form with how it's going with the fix on mine. Hopefully it can help because I can't return this POS. 

(SORRY, My tirade is over.)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Even though you are over the 30 days, the UK Consumer laws still apply if they can’t fix the set, (and it appears that it’s a design fault) then the set isn’t fit for purpose and they must either replace the set (which would be pointless as it is a design fault) or refund you the money. I’m thinking of going that route.

Hey Guys, a bit of an update from my side… I found this update for Samsung TV ->» Upgrade File(USB type) verze 1402.6 (Multi Language): All OS 2020-10-08

On the forum so far I saw mentioned only 1401.2

And the whole thing seems to be working for a couple of hours now. The only bug I observed that after I added each piece of eco-system (Sub then Surrs), sound cutt off was coming back. I had to restart both TV and Sonos ( Restart means take out power plug).

Please pray and keep fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Nik 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Guys, a bit of an update from my side… I found this update for Samsung TV ->» Upgrade File(USB type) verze 1402.6 (Multi Language): All OS 2020-10-08

On the forum so far I saw mentioned only 1401.2

And the whole thing seems to be working for a couple of hours now. The only bug I observed that after I added each piece of eco-system (Sub then Surrs), sound cutt off was coming back. I had to restart both TV and Sonos ( Restart means take out power plug).

Please pray and keep fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Nik 

Hey Nik. 
did that update the sub-m to 1006t?

@Marlina - how can I can check it? Thank you very much, Nik

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hey Nik, 

Good Question. 

This is how you do it (Sub-note, I also had to be told where to go):

1. Press the Home Button on your Samsung. 
  2. Go to Settings. 
  3. Once in Settings to to the “Support” Icon. 
  4. Once in Support go to “About TV”
  5. Once in About Tv, Scroll down to, (It should be one scroll/Space, underneath Status Code, to  “-Sub-micom Version : T-NMFRTV-1006T-NMFRJP-6116

Pic below on what I see, Or maybe what you should see. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Let me know If I can do anything else to help. 

Im also curious if they changed the update at all, to include that change. From what Ive been told from my live logs, to Samsung, they may, use that as a proposed fix for some upcoming updates. 

That is what I see

And this one

Userlevel 3
Badge

So I’m on Software Version:

T-NKMAKUC-1402.1, BT-S

Its almost been 6 days with zero drops. I do think the its the Sub-Micom 1006T that has the effect for me. Whats odd is yours is 1001-T ? Are you still experiencing Drops?

Question, When you experience a drop, go into:

1. Settings
  2. Sound option, and look to the right of that. - Look under Sound, under Sound Output. Where is says “Receiver (HDMI-eARC)” See if it automatically switches itself to (HDMI) when the sound starts dropping. 

Here is a visual of where it used to switch between HDMI to HDMI-eARC by itself. It is Definitely a Samsung software issue. 

I’m having the exact same issue on my 75” Q8DT (Q80T). Everything works great for 30 minutes and then the sound will drop for 1-2 seconds. I recently updated my tv to Version 1402.1 which did not seem to help. 

HDMI-eARC is set to AUTO

Digital Output is set to Pass-Through

Atmost Compatability is enabled

Software Version is T-NKMAKUC-1402.1, B1052200/B60101. BT-S

Sub-micom Version: T-NMINTV-1007

@Marlina - Do you have the contact information for the engineer you are working with at Samsung. I would love to contact them to help troubleshoot. 

Sound Cutting out even worse after update to 1402. eARC works but sound cut out/lag now occurs every time i start the TV. Really (desperatly) hoping for a fix

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

Now 4 months later, issue still exists. Sonos Dev team — do you have an update? There is a very long list of loyal customers continue to be impacted by this issue!