Question

Sonos ARC - plastic wedges?

• 25 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Someone has commented on YouTube about some plastic “wedges” that were in the Arc box to allow for some tilting of the bar. Is this correct? 

Nothing in my box!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

None in mine, either. Wonder if they’re talking about the ‘clips’ that keep the box locked closed. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I wondered that as well, but apparently there’s a video showing them somewhere. Will check it out

I took photos of the wedges / shims I mentioned . They are not listed on the “whats in the box” from Sonos. They came with the Arc and are IMO easy to miss. I am using the largest two shims under the Arc in both photos I linked here., leaving only the ones out on the sides.

I did this to add my listening position to the Atmos “bubble” as I have 9’ 2” ceilings. I also moved the bar 6” closer to the edge of the cabinet and moved the seating up 6”. I sit 9ft from the slightly tilted downward bar now and Atmos effects play well, at 10ft there was “no atmos” I would say. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Where in the box do you find them? I can’t seem to find them in my box. I also tilted my Arc, but with some makeshift pieces of rubber.

I posted the below in the other thread:

At the moment, I am settled with lifting the rear of the Arc by 15mm.

Before, I could not tell any difference between DD5.1 and Dolby Atmos when I switch between the two.

Now, I can feel I am in a sound bubble instead of a sound ring. Albeit, I feel now in am not in the center of the dome but my back in closer to the perimeter. The apex of the dome seems to be forward from me close to the sound bar. Happy with Atmos, finally.

I find that the sounds from the forward firing speakers are not noticeably affected in this angle of tilt.

The ceiling height is 2500mm, the seating position to the Arc is 2400mm, the height of the Arc from the floor is 550mm ang the ear level is 1000mm above floor. That is my sweet spot for Atmos. The ceiling is uniform, level and flat.

I have the Sub and two One SL’s as rears.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Well, it’s a mystery! Sonos support UK say they aren’t theirs (and them being brown doesn't seem to fit) but I’ve no reason to doubt you, Tylertron21. Can’t find anyone else who has had them. 

Seems such a good idea in principle, as well.