Sonos Arc No Audio

• 13 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I’ve been using a Sonos Arc with a Sub and surrounds since July 20 connected to an LG 77” CX and the system has worked flawlessly. However, this morning when turning on the TV there was no sound. I restarted the TV, swapped the Arc HDMI cable but still no sound. I then took the power chord out of the Arc for 10 mins, plugged it back in again and the problem was resolved. However, a couple of hours later when turning on the TV, no sound from the Arc. All other Sonos devices in the house are working perfectly but not the Arc. I’ve rebooted the router but to no avail. Having worked flawlessly since July I’m now thinking the Arc may have now developed a fault as I haven’t a clue why this problem has suddenly manifested itself. Any helpful comments would be much appreciated, thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Can you still play music to it when the TV side cuts out ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Can you still play music to it when the TV side cuts out ?

It seems that, although the Arc was still showing in the Sonos app, it had somehow dropped off the network and so any attempt to play music on it was also unsuccessful. I therefore unplugged it for 10 minutes, plugged it back in and it worked fine. However, the TV audio problem still remains in that when I turn the TV on there is no sound from the Arc until I turn the volume up. This is despite having previously turned the TV off with the Arc at 50% volume, Now, each time the TV is turned off then on again, the Arc volume is at 0 and needs turning back up again, odd !

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I assume volume limit hasn’t been accidentally turned on ?

Also, are they all using wireless or connected with network cables? 

Assume, router hasn’t done a firmware update or anything. I had an odd one where my router firmware updated and the volume kept going to 0 and also the devices kept dropping off or the app couldn’t connect. Drove me nuts as didn’t realise it had auto updated the firmware on the router side. Ended up having to revert firmware and turning off the auto update.