Sonos Arc Loses HDMI sound signal

hello,

I’m able to connect my Sonos Arc to my Samsung TV UE49MU6405 via the HDMI Arc port and the cable supplied by Sonos with no issues. Then for no apparent reason the Sonos Arc loses the sound signal via the HDMI port and the tv reverts to the tv sound. 

I can then no longer connect to the TV via the a Sonos S2 app  

I then need to reset the Sonos Arc and unplug the TV to be able to reinstall the sound bar and get the sound again via the HDMI Arc port. The sound will work for a while then will the same issue comes back. 

This is getting very frustrating, any help would be very much appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Mideem. Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your concern about the Sonos Arc loses sounds and reverts back to TV sounds. So that we will be able to check in our end. Kindly submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate the issue. You may reply here with the confirmation number.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

If there's any other issue you're having, feel free to reach out.

Thank you, I’ve now reset the Arc and set up the sound via the hdmi cable and all works as normal. Diagnostic number is 1742104729. 

Once the Arc loses the Sound signal, I’ll submit a new diagnostic number. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Mideem. Thanks for reaching out and the update. I appreciate your time submitting a diagnostic report. I'm glad to know that the Arc is working fine now.

If you need help, just feel free to get in touch with us. 

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

This is happening to me every few days too. Very annoying. Temporarily fixed by unplugging TV (also Samsung). Would really appreciate a permanent fix - no issues with Playbar for many years. Obviously a different product with different connection and different functionality but upgrading to a brand new Sonos product should not feel like a step backwards. 

Hi Simon,

As predicted, the Samsung tv and Sonos arc sound bar has lost connection via the hdmi arc port and the sound only comes out of the tv speaker. When i try to reconnect the sound bar via the Sonos s2 app, I get the error, Anynet + ( hdmi-cec) not connected, please try again.

if I try changing the sound output on the tv to the hdmi port, nothing happens and the sound continues to come out of the tv speaker. I also checked the tv menu and Anynet + ( hdmi-cec) is activated. 

Sonos Arc works fine for music via the S2 application and Spotify  

New diagnostic number is 1476353021. 

i own multiple Sonos products and have always been very satisfied, but this is increasingly annoying on such a high end sound bar. 

My diagnostic number is 88431584.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Mideem, thanks for the update. Upon checking on the diagnostic report that you sent. We were able to see a timeout on the Arc status, You may need to check with our Phone support team for further assistance regarding the issue. 

Hi @andya41, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community.  I appreciate you taking the time to submit a diagnostic report regarding the issue. Upon checking on the diagnostic report, It shows that there is also a timeout we detect on the Arc status, we can suggest if you can try some basic troubleshooting. unplugging and replugging the E Arc cable to check if that will work.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above, 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Still not working.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @andya41, Thanks for the update. Since it is still not working. I’ll ask you to Kindly contact our phone support team since it is the same issue. They’re open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 10 pm EST. Our phone support number: 1-800-680-2345. 

Hi Simon,

i appreciate the prompt response, but it’s not very helpful. What could be causing the timeout? can you give any troubleshooting ideas? Calling Sonos phone service in Europe isn’t easy since the line is only open during business hours. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Mideem Thanks for the update. Thanks for bringing this up and we totally understand where you're coming from. There could be a couple of things on why the system is detecting timeout on the Arc status. You can try to unplug and re-plug the E-Arc cable from the Arc and the TV.  You may also check CEC, E-ARC, and/or other settings for the TV if it is enabled. You may refer to the TV’s user manual or settings to check for the CEC. After doing these steps. Kindly submit a diagnostic report so we can further check what could be causing the issue.

I just had the same thing happen with my new arc. I unplugged the HDMI cable and was able to reconnect. If this is a continuing problem…. big problem 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ryephillips, thanks for reaching out. Regarding your concern about the loss of signals. If it reoccurs. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

I am seeing this same issue with my Arc and a LG OLED TV. I can get the Arc to recognize and set up the CEC connection, and then after a period of time the sound drops out and my LG indicates a source no longer available on the ARC HDMI port. I have to power down both units, unplug the HDMI cable, and reconnect everything. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @dindale, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding on this issue about losing Arc connections to your TV. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

HI everyone, 

I just had the arc delivered today and I seem to be experiencing the same thing as described above. So it would be very helpful to know if you guys found a fix for this. 

I own an LG OLEG E7 TV. Had the PlayBar since 2013 and never had any issues with that one. 

Best, 

Rasmus

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Rasmus Krogh, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about what’s happening with your Sonos Arc, so that we can have a better picture on the status of your current Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Hi Simon, 

I’ve forwarded the diagnostics now and the reference number is: 1907767747. 

Whenever I turn on the tv, the Sonos arc has lost connection to the TV and any attempt to establish the HDMI-ARC connection to the TV fails. In order to make it work again requires a hard reboot of both TV and sonos arc (unplugging the power chords) and unplugging the HDMI cable to the Sonos Arc. 

It will leave the connection established for some time, but suddenly the TV’s internal speakers take over and connection between TV and Sonos Arc is lost again. Any attempt to reconnect to the ARC results in a message in the Sonos S2 App, claiming that the HDMI-ARC connection to the tv cannot be established. 

While trying to isolate the core of the problem, I’ve found out that it appears to be the cable box from my local cable operator that could be the issue. If I disconnect the cable box HDMI connection to the TV when I power up the TV, the Sonos Arc work just fine. If I boot the TV with the cable box connected to the TV (and the Sonos arc not working), unplugging the HDMI cable from the box and reconnecting the Sonos Arc via the TV’s HDMI Arc connection reestablishes the connection. It seems there is some sort of HDMI interference going on with the cable box. I seem to have read of similar cases on the forum and any help on how to resolve the issue would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Rasmus

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Rasmus Krogh, Thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Sorry to hear about this ongoing issue. Upon checking the diagnostic information, It shows that there are a couple of issues on your Sonos system, some speakers have dropped off the system, CEC error or not enabled. And same Subnet restriction has been enabled on your Sonos system. We’ll take this further. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  They may require remote access to your device controller and do additional troubleshooting steps for these issues. They should be able to give options for this concern.

Please, feel free to let me know if you require any further information.

I am having the same issues...TCL series 8 TV. I have to constant unplug the soundbar for it to reconnect. I have called telephone support - somewhat helpful. Seem to fix the problem for a very short period of time. They had suggested I change wireless channels - btw my systems has wired connections. Not sure if I can continue to use this product if it continues to disconnect.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @rhancock1972, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you have the same issue on your Sonos system. so that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

The code is 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @rhancock1972, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, all seems good with all your Sonos products and the Sonos Arc, I can’t detect any issues with the Sonos Arc. I want to ask some questions to further check on this issue. 

• Does it disconnect on the system when watching or listening to specific content or randomly on any content?
  • When did it start happening?
  • Are there any changes with your setup or the settings on your TV or the Sonos App?
  • Is there any error message on the TV or the Sonos App when it drops off on your system?
  • have you tried the Find missing product option on the Sonos App when it drops off?

Answers to these questions will help us determine what could be causing this issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

1. It will disconnect randomly (during playback and on startup) when watching content on the TCL (Roku). It will always stay connected to the S2 app and play any music streaming through the app.
  2. It started immediately (from date of purchase)
  3. I have not changed any settings (other than then wireless channel - per discussion with Sonos phone help)
  4. There is no error message - and when I go into the app to re-connect to the HDMI arc, the app indicates that everything is working properly.
  5. I have not tried to find the missing product - because the product is never missing.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @rhancock1972, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. We’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They should be able to create a troubleshooting ticket for this issue and give additional steps and options about this issue since we can’t find the main cause of this issue with the diagnostic reports on our end. Or if proven that something is broken in your Sonos Arc, then possible options for a replacement for your Sonos Arc