Answered

Sonos Arc Home Theatre w/ Epson Home Cinema 2040.

• 26 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have recently purchased the Sonos Arc, w/sub & 4 one SL. 

The electronics store that I purchased it from guaranteed that I would be able to connect the Sonos to this projector and everything they sold me I’ve had nothing but issues. I have checked the forums here and have found this product as a highly recommended product. Below is also the link to the spec sheet of my projector. 

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

https://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_spec_8947.pdf

I have set up as per directions of the arcana product, and when I go to the TV Setup in the Sonos app the app does not detect any signal from eArc to set up the Sonos with the projector. The video for the projector flows through the device properly but the audio does not. 

Am I missing something here? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 February 2021, 17:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Just a suggestion… perhaps try setting up the TV connection in the Sonos App by choosing the optical option instead - even though it will be using the HDMI-ARC, just to see if that gets it working for you.

I had posted this on the discord group for HDFury.com and the answer was quite quick. 

The complication here was the Sonos wasn’t set up yet and cannot be setup through the Arcana device. Once you set it up through a TV, then you can remove all the cables, plug it into the Arcana device and the projector works with audio on Sonos now. 

Deleted as no longer relevant.  Thanks for posting the solution. May help with similar queries.

What is the source of the video and audio?  

Source is a cable box w/HDMI cable. 

Once app was set up through TV I removed all the cables and installed as per directions on HDFury device and worked instantly.