I recently purchased a Sonos Arc to accompany my Philips PUS8204/12. I have noticed a rattling / crackle at certain times watching blu ray movies. I have a case open with Sonos and senior sound engineers are checking the issue. It seems very similar to the issue found in the Bose forum https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater/Bose-Soundbar-500-rattle-crackle-with-Dolby-Digital-Source/td-p/207427/page/6
I first noticed the crackle listening to blu ray (Hans Zimmer live in Prague - inception time). This was very audible and my family and I looked at eachother worryingly all noticing the strange noise. The same issue occurred watching the Conjuring 2 even at low volumes. Both were receiving Dolby atmos signal as shown in the app. Things I have tried below;
- changed Xbox one to Panasonic blu ray player issue persisted
- changed HDMI cables issue persisted
- downloaded the same movie (conjuring on rakuten - no crackle but not sure of the audio output)
- changed the TV audio output from multichannel (bypass) to stereo - resolved the crackle but not a solution since I have not bought a £799 sound bar to listen to stereo quality.
- changed output to Dolby digital instead of atmos crackle persists
- no crackle audible on music even at high volume from streaming service Spotify
- no audible crackle playing TV channels
- reset all devices crackle persists
- reset EQ on Sonos advice crackle persists
I have also sent logs of the crackle to Sonos to no avail as of yet - the issue has been passed to senior sound engineers. I am wondering if anyone that is tech savvy has any more suggestions to get to the root of the problem or if anyone is experiencing the same issue. It is quite disheartening to save for so long to run into issues like this. Hopefully it can be resolved. My suspicion is either the processing of the atmos signal in the TV or sound bar but I am not sure.