Sonos Arc Bass problem

• 19 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

i‘ve got a new Sonos ARC, Sonos SL and Sonos Sub (Gen. 3) setup.

With this, i‘ve got problems with some Apple Music Dolby Atmos Tracks on the connected Apple TV.

The Bass seems to be to high. It sounds like a bass with an overdriven volume, but the problem is on low volume too.

In tracks like „The Weeknd - Binding Lights“ the problem is very strong.

TruePlay is activated and I have tried a few settings like loudness with the same result.

In the sleepingroom, i‘ve got a Sonos Beam.

I am more impressed from this sound!

The Sonos Beam has a better Sourround experience (without sourround speakers, but a smaller room) and the bass is more clear.

All firmwares are up to date.

Reading all the good things about the Arc. Is mine defect?

Greetings from Hamburg

Sebastian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you adjusted the bass in the EQ settings and sub level in the Sonos app?

Where is the Sub located in the room? If you move the Sub to another part of the room, do you still experience the problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I addition to the advice from @GuitarSuperstar, the default setting for ‘Loudness’ is on.  Have you tried turning this off?

Edit

Sorry, just reread your post and you’ve tried this!

Hi there,

thanks for your replies.

this irritating noise from comes from the Sonos Arc. The Sub self has a good and harmonic sound.

It feels like a special frequency comes to this bad sound. Its like the driver are on the limit, but, how I just said, on low volumes too.

I have to test it with TruePlay Off. But I have often repeated the TruePlay setup.

Might be a defect iPhone microphone?

I am thankful for an other hint :)

Thanks

Sebastian

Userlevel 7

Do you have the latest firmware installed on the Arc? What are your EQ settings and sub level set to?

Hi there,

i have recalibrated Sonos True Play with my iPad Pro 1st Gen.

Now, the problem seems to be gone!

thanks for your support.

Best regards

Sebastian